Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:35 AM

Re: Sleeping in separate rooms

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I remember one night making a bit of a noise trying to get upstairs and my wife shouting "Terry, what's all the noise"?

"Sorry darling, just trying to get a barrel of beer up the stairs"

"Leave it til tomorrow"

"I can't...I drank it."
Much easier living in a bungalow!!!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
We've shared the same bed for 62 years. Both of us can snore abit, but not always and a nudge in the back, or side, is usually enough to stop it. We're in our 80's now and to be honest, after this length of time, I dread the day that she or I will be alone.

But, everyone to their own and some of the problems mentioned here would probably have sent us to separate rooms or beds, many years ago. I guess we were just fortunate.
62 years ! That is WONDERFUL. I hope you don't go for another 50 years (hahaha), but when you do, I hope you go together...
Yours is something, I can only dream about.
Congratulations.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:44 AM

The best thing we ever did was get separate rooms.........in separate houses.
HAHAHAHA Tpin, you are so funny.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-02-2018, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

Even when he stayed on the floor I would wake up in the middle of the night and he'd have his head on the side of the bed, staring at me and panting, or the noise he made licking his nuts would wake me up.

And the damn dog was noisy too
HAHAHAHAHA Gosh, some of you UKers are so funny. When my son is over and I am on computer, he wonders what I am laughing about all the time. I said "you would never believe it"
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-02-2018, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
As I said before we decided to have separate rooms as he snores, and I kick the duvet on and off. I prefer a bed to myself anyway, I dislike the body heat of someone next to me.
I'm with you tarantula, I don't like the body heat. I am always too hot at night, even tho I am alone.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-02-2018, 01:55 AM

This has to be the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
Tpin, I didn't notice that you replied to it before I put a reply about it too. It is the funniest thing I have read on these forums so far. How would a person think of something that funny. She should be a stand up comedian. She is so funny.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-02-2018, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by tpin ->
i remember one night making a bit of a noise trying to get upstairs and my wife shouting "terry, what's all the noise"?

"sorry darling, just trying to get a barrel of beer up the stairs"

"leave it til tomorrow"

"i can't...i drank it."
hahahahahaha
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 05:44 AM

Nicole and Tpin have lived very interesting nocturnal lives.

DaveA, my parents are in thei 80s and have slept to
gether without exception in a queen size bed for decades. I didn't know until I was grown that sometimes people didn't sleep in the same bed.

I have no idea why, but I think it's quite romantic.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 09:47 AM

On a serious note, the whole sleeping in separate rooms thing....

When I'm suffering from lack of sleep I get really grumpy so being kept awake was having a long term affect on us. I was moaning at him all the time. Moving into the spare room solved that particular problem.

And as with all long term relationships it's what works that matters, it's not a one size fits all situation, each to their own.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

09-02-2018, 02:42 AM

Sometimes you have to choose separate beds or rooms, to save your marriage. If a person doesn't get enough sleep because of a noisy or restless bed partner, it's grounds for being cranky all day long. We need our sleep....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top