Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:48 PM

Re: Chatrooms? Do You Like Them?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What's the difference between a forum and a chat room? I've never been on one.
LD in a chat room there is often just one page with 'conversations' taking place ie text containing member's names and a messages being added as people type and you follow it as it travels down the page .
You have to try to read and type at the same time , not much good for me as I type slowly with two fingers .

I can't get on with them at all, someone asks me a question and I am half a dozen lines of conversation behind.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 11:15 PM

Cliques are less prevalent, but more apparent.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's more like chatting shorter sentences you type as you would speak. No big discussions just chit chat and a laugh usually.
Also a chat conversation isn't saved.

I used to go to some chat rooms in the late 90's. They were hugely addictive and they would have meets which was very weird then, maybe less weird these days. But good fun. In those days it was all very new. There were lots of intrigues via PMs and everyone was gossiping about everyone else.

I didn't think chat rooms still existed. It's hard enough to find a forum these days.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 01:15 AM

I did not notice that this site did not have one. But then I do not use them. I like forums as you can make your statement, cook dinner, take or make a phone call and come back later or the next day.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:31 AM

I agree Shadowman, you can get on with life but still be part of a discussion that's not possible with chat. I think chat appeals to a different type of person.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:51 AM

Chatrooms are so trivial, I couldn't care less what someone had for their breakfast, or what they intended doing that day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Chatrooms are so trivial, I couldn't care less what someone had for their breakfast, or what they intended doing that day.
I agree. Just finishing my toast then it's out in the garden all day for me.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:45 AM

I gave chatrooms a try .
Think they are good if you're looking to make friends .
Me I prefer forums being an unsociable sort
Before I upset everyone ...Just joking
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 02:41 PM

I remember MSN sites with chat rooms ,that would be 2002-2005?

We were so innocent I guess-and yes some of the `chat` was alcohol fueled.

I think it was called `cyber sex`
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So l ask.... Do you like chatrooms? Do you wish this site had one?
I dabbled in chatrooms during the early 90's but was never that interested really. I've never used one since.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top