Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 12:43 AM

Second Hand Books.

I read a lot & I mean a lot, sometimes two or three in a week, so I get most from charity shops, car boot sales or other places. A lot of supermarkets have a book shelf for charity. All I buy are clean & probably only read once, some are new.

I love to read, but what really annoys me is starting to read a book only to find someone had turned a page over in the corner.
Why, Oh why do they do this!!! I have book marks I use & anyone can find a bit of card or paper instead to mark where they've got to, it really miffs me off.

Do any of you read second hand books & is there anything about them that riles you too?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 12:49 AM

Re: Second Hand Books.

I am always buying second hand books Tiff, but it doesn't bother me a great deal if a corner is turned over, I just unturn it. At least it's better than finding scribble all over the pages, that can't be undone so easily.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 12:51 AM

Yes we have a book swap shop. Not me personally.We get books from hotels so the islanders can buy books at very low prices then you take them back.

My last one somebody had broken the spine. You know bent it right back.

So annoying. I use a card to mark my place
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 12:52 AM

I don't read as much as l used to as reading makes me fall asleep! I prefer audio books and listening whilst l am doing something else!
I used to get lots of books out from the library and l hated seeing the corners turned down.
I also hated seeing dribbles on the pages or weird stains where you imagined the books had been read on the toilet!
Worst, was blood stains! Eeeeek
Another thing l disliked was where people had underlined sentences with a pencil!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don't read as much as l used to as reading makes me fall asleep! I prefer audio books and listening whilst l am doing something else!
I used to get lots of books out from the library and l hated seeing the corner turned down.
I also hated seeing dribbles on the pages or weird stains where you imagined the books had been read on the toilet!
Worst, was blood stains! Eeeeek

Call me paranoid if you like, but I always spray some anti-bac on a piece of kitchen roll and wipe it over the covers and edge of pages as soon as I get them home.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Call me paranoid if you like, but I always spray some anti-bac on a piece of kitchen roll and wipe it over the covers and edge of pages as soon as I get them home.
Mups, I am more thorough, l put mine in the washing machine! They come up lovely and all the germs are killed!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-03-2017, 01:01 AM

You put books in the washing machine????

BTW Art, have a look at your lavender thread. I posted some info for you.
Night night. x
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2017, 01:04 AM

You put books in the washing machine????

BTW Art, have a look at your lavender thread. I posted some info for you.
Night night. x
Mups, Of course l don't! l was being silly...as usual!
Thank You for the Lavender info, l will go and have a look now!
Goodnight, sleep well and dream of your intended!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 01:22 AM

You have gotta be kidding

Just as well you have nothing to do with slobbering, disease-carrying dogs
http://www.sharetap.it/7280/heres-wh...-dog-kiss-you/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2017, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
You have gotta be kidding

Just as well you have nothing to do with slobbering, disease-carrying dogs
http://www.sharetap.it/7280/heres-wh...-dog-kiss-you/
Pummy. You need to go into hiding....asap!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top