Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:14 AM

Chatrooms? Do You Like Them?

It just seems to me that some of the threads lately have been more like a chatroom!
The one chatroom l did once visit, seemed to be taken up mostly with, 'Hello's' and ''Goodbyes'!!
So l ask.... Do you like chatrooms? Do you wish this site had one?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:25 AM

Re: Chatrooms? Do You Like Them?

Dunno Art, never been on one.
I'm happy as things are here.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:39 AM

Don't we often end up kinda chatting on some threads anyway?

Would not think we need a separate one really?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:28 AM

I have never been on one .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 07:31 AM

They are all right, if you are alert and compos mentis, best avoided if you've had a tipple.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It just seems to me that some of the threads lately have been more like a chatroom!
The one chatroom l did once visit, seemed to be taken up mostly with, 'Hello's' and ''Goodbyes'!!
No - I don't like chatrooms - too many people all vying for attention at once. While you are typing an answer to one question - the whole thing moves on and attaches your reply to something entirely different. At least on a forum there is a chance to actually have a proper discussion.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm happy as things are here.

Me too - this is a great forum. It can be, shall we say lively, from time to time but everyone has a chance to air their opinion without the topic changing mid-sentence.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:16 AM

I hate chatrooms! I have only tried one but with everyone chatting at the same time, it was more like hard work than pleasure!
People do chat on threads here, but is there a difference between discussion and chatting, because I don't think there is? The only difference is that we can use the quote facility on here, so people know that you are replying to their comments.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hate chatrooms! I have only tried one but with everyone chatting at the same time, it was more like hard work than pleasure!
People do chat on threads here, but is there a difference between discussion and chatting, because I don't think there is? The only difference is that we can use the quote facility on here, so people know that you are replying to their comments.
I take your point, Twink, but - somehow - it seems less of a 'free for all' in a forum setting. Plus - we have lots of different sections for different topics, which I find useful. Not sure if chatrooms have those - haven't been in one for a long time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I take your point, Twink, but - somehow - it seems less of a 'free for all' in a forum setting. Plus - we have lots of different sections for different topics, which I find useful. Not sure if chatrooms have those - haven't been in one for a long time.
I agree with you. At least you have some kind of control over what you chat about on a forum, and sometimes this forum could keep me happy all day.... I am certain a chatroom couldn't.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have no interest in chatrooms.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top