Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 10:29 PM

Trump to target Assad.

Following the recent atrocities it is reported that Trump is weighing up the options.....The Coalition to remove Assad being one.

A good move?

I think so.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Re: Trump to target Assad.

I don't.

Think
Putin, think Iran ...think a major global conflict.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 10:48 PM

I don't think Putin will stand by Assad...his support wont be unconditional.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Should keep his nose out and mind his own business.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't.

Think
Putin, think Iran ...think a major global conflict.
I don't think Putin would go so far with his new buddy who is turning a blind eye to Crimea. But it would put his nose out of joint.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:13 PM

Putin has always maintained that the choice of leader be the right of the Syrian people.
Trump is chasing after regime change ... again... the usual old justification. Which has worked out so well in the past.

Assad actually becomes a non-entity once Russia and the USA meet head on.

Putin needs to defend Russia's interests in Syria. I don't think he'll sit back and idly watch the US takeover and run the show.

Assad, is an Alawite, a sect of Shia ... Iran as closest neighbour prefer Assad in charge to a Sunni regime .. or should I say puppet regime. So they'll get more directly involved.

And then we have all the factional rebels and ISIS running amok in Syria. ISIS, the one group Trump might, but has not, used as a pretext for military intervention in Syria's civil war.

ISIS, suuni ... will doubtless be overjoyed at the prospect of a war that removes Assad and a whole destabilised country up for grabs when the last American has gone strutting home draped in glory.

Trump seems to be turning into a first class prat of the highest order.
Every single policy he has tried to enforce since his Presidency began has fallen flat. He's like a kid trying doors to see which one he can open which will earn him global acclaim, where the world will cheer and respect him as POTUS .. first the Mexican Wall, next migrant restrictions, Obamacare, sabre rattling with North Korea .. he must be suffering from an inferiority complex by now.

Worse ... the UK will likely get dragged in again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:30 PM

Has there been definite proof that the chemical attacks were by the Syrian army or the Russians? Both are vehemently denying the attacks.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:46 AM

It fuzzy as to what will happen. News happening now is the 60 cruise missiles have been launched by the U.S. but just on one Syrian air base.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
It fuzzy as to what will happen. News happening now is the 60 cruise missiles have been launched by the U.S. but just on one Syrian air base.
The world needs to condemn Donald Trump for taking this action before POSITIVE PROOF that chemical weapons had been used.

IF this U.S. attack is deemed as being just and successful, Trump will become even more self-righteous and dangerous in the future!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Just what Syria needs, more people dropping bombs, there can't be much left to bomb by now...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top