Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 10:28 AM

Ganging up on me !

Was in the bathroom doing my morning ablutions, heard odd noises from the kitchen, only me and the dogs here, so I threw my towel around me and trotted into the kitchen.

I found three dogs working together I suspect had got the fridge door open, one our Elsie was eating a block of cheese looking very happy, Betty had an egg she was struggling to get into but naughtiest was I found Jenny actually in the fridge on the middle shelf covered in trifle ! She was actually grinning at me in contentment.

Who started that ? Who's idea was it ? I have my suspicions but no proof other than she was I the fridge and seemed very happy there as if she has done that before the other two looked a bit ashamed but no shame from that young lady.

Kitchen door now firmly closed no doggies allowed in until we fit a child lock to the fridge door.

Elsie isn't looking happy but the vet when I rang said just keep an eye on her as that was a lot of fat. I think she's going to bring it up herself without any help looking at her at the moment. Jenny had to have a shower to get the strawberries and cream out of her hair but she smells wonderful, and Betty looks annoyed she never managed to get the egg cracked before I took it away from her.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Re: Ganging up on me !

Oh Julie, I do find your stories entertaining, and funny.

Holly tries to get to the coffee table or the box where her treats are, but if I catch her halfway there, like resting halfway up the arm of the chair, she turns sideways towards me, gives a little tail wag and a sheepish look that says 'ah, you caught me!'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh Julie, I do find your stories entertaining, and funny.

Holly tries to get to the coffee table or the box where her treats are, but if I catch her halfway there, like resting halfway up the arm of the chair, she turns sideways towards me, gives a little tail wag and a sheepish look that says 'ah, you caught me!'
Oh she's learning jazzi, how is she now ? Have you got to bottom of her tummy troubles ?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Julie, that is hilarious, yes indeed they can be naughty.

Hope your Elsie is OK
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-02-2018, 11:58 AM

Yes she's looking better brought it all back up. Bit of a mess but better than keepin it inside her.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:15 PM

Julie, glad Elsie is feeling better, what goes down must come up sometimes.

I remember one time having to force salt water down our pooch to achieve that result....not pleasant but it worked.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh she's learning jazzi, how is she now ? Have you got to bottom of her tummy troubles ?
She's fine thanks, and no, no idea what caused it.

She can still reach round to where she shouldn't, via the headrest of the chair, onto the recycling bag, and to the coffee table. I have to watch her every minute.

And the barrier which stops her getting on to the chair (a concertina type clothes horse)? Oh she just pulls it over, now. I have a very cunning, and determined, young pup.

The alternative will be to move the box with her food/treats in, giving her less motive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-02-2018, 12:37 PM

Sounds like you have a clever one jazzi,they are the best but challenging
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Was in the bathroom doing my morning ablutions, heard odd noises from the kitchen, only me and the dogs here, so I threw my towel around me and trotted into the kitchen.

I found three dogs working together I suspect had got the fridge door open, one our Elsie was eating a block of cheese looking very happy, Betty had an egg she was struggling to get into but naughtiest was I found Jenny actually in the fridge on the middle shelf covered in trifle ! She was actually grinning at me in contentment.

Who started that ? Who's idea was it ? I have my suspicions but no proof other than she was I the fridge and seemed very happy there as if she has done that before the other two looked a bit ashamed but no shame from that young lady.

Kitchen door now firmly closed no doggies allowed in until we fit a child lock to the fridge door.

Elsie isn't looking happy but the vet when I rang said just keep an eye on her as that was a lot of fat. I think she's going to bring it up herself without any help looking at her at the moment. Jenny had to have a shower to get the strawberries and cream out of her hair but she smells wonderful, and Betty looks annoyed she never managed to get the egg cracked before I took it away from her.
It probably took a lot of planning and I'm looking forward to the film.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 01:06 PM

Lovely story Julie, I have a dog who will eat anything, a couple of months ago it was half a tennis ball. Bloody expensive snack, £1500 to retrieve it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top