Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:26 PM

Slight ranty moment

My neighbour who is driving us mad with late night noise and police raids for drugs, is a car fan, now most of us here have a car either each or for each flat and that works ok with our communal car park and garages. I don't mind being one of the later parkers in the evening parking far end and walking back to the flats entrance I do however think it's a bit much when a flat containing three people has nine cars ! And insists on parking them all nearest to the flats making the elderly people here have to struggle to walk further. They refused yesterday to move two to make room for an ambulance that had been called to the neighbour who had collapsed in his kitchen after chemo earlier in the day.

I always try not to call people names but they are ******* ***** and it annoys me they have managed to make me feel like that

Oh and I haven't forgotten the bathroom flood of three years ago either, no sorry or admittance they were in the wrong letting their bath overflow oh no that was just funny they thought
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:31 PM

Re: Slight ranty moment

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My neighbour who is driving us mad with late night noise and police raids for drugs, is a car fan, now most of us here have a car either each or for each flat and that works ok with our communal car park and garages. I don't mind being one of the later parkers in the evening parking far end and walking back to the flats entrance I do however think it's a bit much when a flat containing three people has nine cars ! And insists on parking them all nearest to the flats making the elderly people here have to struggle to walk further. They refused yesterday to move two to make room for an ambulance that had been called to the neighbour who had collapsed in his kitchen after chemo earlier in the day.

I always try not to call people names but they are ******* ***** and it annoys me they have managed to make me feel like that

Oh and I haven't forgotten the bathroom flood of three years ago either, no sorry or admittance they were in the wrong letting their bath overflow oh no that was just funny they thought
Are the flats rented? Check the terms and conditions as normally parking spaces are allocated.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Are the flats rented? Check the terms and conditions as normally parking spaces are allocated.
Partly shared ownership partly council rented, no allocated places it's a free for all but as I say works fine if everyone has one or two cars. They were quite generous with how many cars we can accommodate here.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Julie, I think you have definite cause for concern and complaint! How many cars does that household need??? Has anyone ever complained to your HA, regarding this? And as for obstructing an ambulance, then that just takes the biscuit. What a horrid family.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:44 PM

I can't understand why the Ambulance people didn't insist.
Couldn't they have said it was an emergency and that if they didn't comply with this entirely reasonable request they would have to call the police to move the cars?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-01-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I can't understand why the Ambulance people didn't insist.
Couldn't they have said it was an emergency and that if they didn't comply with this entirely reasonable request they would have to call the police to move the cars?
Oh they did insist they and two of my hunkier neighbours picked up the cars to make room, was a sight to behold but it was the principle and I'm not a betting person but I'd put 10p on them complaining about the indignity of their cars being touched.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 02:29 PM

Oh they did insist they and two of my hunkier neighbours picked up the cars to make room, was a sight to behold but it was the principle and I'm not a betting person but I'd put 10p on them complaining about the indignity of their cars being touched.
Wish you'd said that in the first place, I got the impression that the ghastly neighbours ruled.
If they complain then the correct reply is TOUGH.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-01-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Wish you'd said that in the first place, I got the impression that the ghastly neighbours ruled.
If they complain then the correct reply is TOUGH.
Sorry if I said all that's happened since the moved in it would be a four page essay it's not easy here since we lost our original nice neighbors upstairs. It's amazing just needs one bad apple and living in a place can change so dramatically.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 04:29 PM

I feel for you julie , how awful
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 06:06 PM

Sorry if I said all that's happened since the moved in it would be a four page essay it's not easy here since we lost our original nice neighbors upstairs. It's amazing just needs one bad apple and living in a place can change so dramatically.
I can vouch for that, Julie!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top