Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:43 PM

Re: Cruise booked for 2018

Steve (gasman) I have sent you a PM on the cruise we booked for 2018
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 07:02 PM

It looks nice but I'm afraid it doesn't tempt me at all. I'm more than happy with the type of holiday we take where we tend to do our own thing.

Happy holidays to those who choose to cruise though
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Steve (gasman) I have sent you a PM on the cruise we booked for 2018
Thanks fella
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Mmy wife and I booked a cruise for next year with P&O while on a cruise. The ships travel booking section had just released next years offerings before going to the general public. So we sat in one of the ships lounges and decided to book there and then.
We booked for the fjords in Norway and only had to pay a £50 deposit each. By booking there and then we got free parking at Southampton worth £150. Not an offer to the public at large. Balance to be paid by March next year.

By booking so early we had the choice of any cabin on board and they do get booked up very quickly , so got top deck cabin with balcony with best views.
This time has a shower and a bath in the cabin not just a shower, dead posh that is

so it will be on on the Aurora going from southampton to

haugesund -Flam- Aurlandsfjord-sognefjord-alesund-andalsnes-romsdalfjord-trondheim strof jorden-sunnylsvsfjorden-hellesylt-geiranger geirangerfjord-olden-innvikfjorden-nordfjord for 12 nights

and then cruise home back home
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:10 AM

That sounds wonderful Realspeed. Always pays to beat the crowds and to get just what you want.

A cruise is not what I would want to do but hey don't know in years to come I might want to give it a try.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-07-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
That sounds wonderful Realspeed. Always pays to beat the crowds and to get just what you want.
A cruise is not what I would want to do but hey don't know in years to come I might want to give it a try.

To be honest I was the most anti cruise person in the UK.

I hate just staying in one place getting bored out of my skin cruise seemed a good alternative.
Now being cautious possibly try a river cruise thinks me, at least there is land close by So booked for the River Nile.
What an eye opener with the conducted tours where one learns so much more than just going to Egypt and sunbathing on a beach. Then meals and entertainment as well and not having to sit in a cafe somewhere being ripped off.

So my mind changed very quickly about cruising. Next was twice around the med on two cruises- cruising the baltic states- cruising the Caribbean (this year just been in march) and the fjords next year.

If anyone wanted to try there are many taster cruises of around 3 nights if in doubt to try out first.

Ok it is not for everyone I know but it is at least given a idea of the different countries in case we want to visit one
have we done a one country holiday? of course we have -China- USA twice - Brazil several times- Tunisia - Brittany to name a few

Sicilian courtyard with traditional pan pipe player, part of a day tour from cruise ship

Doubt if you would get this unless on a cruise tour with food and drink included while there

If he only knew he wouldn't have his eyes close

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 11:07 AM

You are certainly selling the idea Realspeed, as you say might have to take the mini cruise first to see if I have sea legs or not. I know most people say you can hardly feel the boat moving, that is the only thing that is putting me off at the moment.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Aurora is far and away our favourite ship. Since our first cruise back in 2000 we've never done anything else (apart from short breaks in the UK). Husband won't fly, so ex-Southampton cruising is ideal. Done more than 20 cruises now, including two world circumnavigations - both of those on Aurora!

But I disagree with Realspeed about 3-day taster cruises. We've found them to be full-on party cruises, with loads of hen and stag parties on board. They say no-one sleeps on a 2-night cruise, and I can well believe it. A better 'taster', I think, would be a 7-nighter, where the pace is that much more relaxed.

We love cruising so much that we're off again on Friday, on Adonia.

And my hubby now writes books about cruising (one is currently at #1 in the Amazon Speciality Travel section ), so we just have to keep going! Tough life.....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
You are certainly selling the idea Realspeed, as you say might have to take the mini cruise first to see if I have sea legs or not. I know most people say you can hardly feel the boat moving, that is the only thing that is putting me off at the moment.
Here is a part of a video I made on the last cruise. See how much movement of the ship by looking at my beer glass

you get more movement on pub table. Oh not my kind of thing but some like dancing. This was after a posh dress night which you don't have to do , again not my thing
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-07-2017, 05:14 PM

entertainment going up the Nile with Nubian entertainer one night

boat can hold about 126 passengers. when we went only about 30 on board had a great time. the first bloke pulled out had been camel riding and shouting to others gave him a sore throat. The laughter was infectious

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top