Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:29 PM

Re: Cruise booked for 2018

evening on deck in the med. Shirley notice how much water movement in the pools

Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
But I disagree with Realspeed about 3-day taster cruises. We've found them to be full-on party cruises, with loads of hen and stag parties on board. They say no-one sleeps on a 2-night cruise, and I can well believe it. A better 'taster', I think, would be a 7-nighter, where the pace is that much more relaxed.....
I disagree with him as well. If my first cruise had been a mini one, I don't think I'd ever have gone on another cruise. As it is, it's put me off booking another cruise with P&O.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:06 PM

Ok just a suggestion maybe a bit longer taster, not done one myself. Best all or nothing and go for a couple of weeks cruise
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:42 PM

I used to have a canal boat, but the idea of cruising on the big ocean not only frightens me (I would feel trapped) but it seems a bit regimented, although I know perfectly well it isn't.

I know quite a few people who love cruising. My dad loved it too.

Somewhere in my memory banks, I'm sure there was a celebrity who lived on a cruise ship 24/7?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Hi sorry realspeed for not replying we have had really bad wifi reception it is getting so tiresome.

It is always nice to hear others opinions on cruising. Mind you we are booked up for the next 18 months as we have booked most of our holidays for next year.

We still get the booklets on cruising so I am sure it is something that will happen eventually.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I used to have a canal boat, but the idea of cruising on the big ocean not only frightens me (I would feel trapped) but it seems a bit regimented, although I know perfectly well it isn't.

I know quite a few people who love cruising. My dad loved it too.

Somewhere in my memory banks, I'm sure there was a celebrity who lived on a cruise ship 24/7?
You are more trapped in a hotel with the rain hammering down and only the lobby to sit in.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Me too, booked for 2018, river cruise. Just hope I'll be better enough by then.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Ok just a suggestion maybe a bit longer taster, not done one myself. Best all or nothing and go for a couple of weeks cruise
I went on two taster cruises with Saga a few years ago, open to Saga Zone members. I know the majority of those who went thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not, I felt trapped, not interested in the constant eating and drinking nor the entertainment. I walked round and round the deck with nothing to look at but water.

Cruising may well suit many, but I prefer independence. All of my holidays in the last twenty years have involved booking a flight, a car, taking pot luck in motels (in the US) and wildlife and isolation. Nothing better than travelling twenty miles on a dirt road to who knows where.

Horses for courses one could say.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 10:32 AM

But if you go on a river there isn't just water to look at. (I try to avoid the excess eating/drinking/entertainment.)

I wouldn't go on a taster. The most tiring days are the first and last, getting there and getting home. So I'd want enough days to recover in between.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
While we were on our last cruise P&O announced their 2018 cruise brochure. So we had a look and saw a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. It is somewhere on our want to see list and the onboard discount offer was too good to miss. So we booked for the middle of next year.

The ship is the Aurora and going from Southampton to Haugesund-Flaam-Aurlandfjord-Sognefjord-Alesund-Romsdalfjord-Tronheim- StorfJorden-Sunnylvsfjorden-Hellesit-Geiranger-Olden-Innvikfjorden-Nordfjord-Stavanger then back to Southampton imcluding 2 days at sea.

This ship is about half the size of the Azura so less passangers so get to know a few more I hope.
Looks as if my eldest son may be coming on the trip with us but has not booked yet.

Booking this early gave us the choice of cabins and decks so again booked one with a balcony on one of the top decks.
That sounds like a remarkable adventure. Please take and post pictures so we can travel with you vicariously. Did you spellcheck that? Some keyboarding you had to do there!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top