Join for free
Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:17 PM

Re: Barmier: "The EU will not move one millimetre"

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So you have no actual debating comeback other than insults? That figures
I can only assume that you have no idea why I used those words! Perhaps someone else will explain!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can only assume that you have no idea why I used those words! Perhaps someone else will explain!
Thanks, but I don't need anyone to explain the fact that you don't have an actual point to make. If do you have a serious comment relevant to the discussion then please do go ahead. It would be most welcome!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:32 PM

We had no chance of changing our ways at all within the EU. If we had tried another system or become a more caring place we would have been over run by poorer countries coming here to get into our system. We are a maverick nation always have been but we've been tethered to this political dream that Germany and France run for far too long.

We beat them in the wars but they beat us in the peace and after we helped build them up took us over by not even stealth our politicians just gave them the keys with no fight. Traitors some of them were.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

We beat them in the wars but they beat us in the peace and after we helped build them up took us over by not even stealth our politicians just gave them the keys with no fight. Traitors some of them were.
We didn't help build them up, the US did. We were all bankrupt in Europe by WWII. All the more reason we should make sure it never happens again. Our politicians are supposed to be the best people we have to run the country. But imo each and every citizen should be involved instead of casting blame on who has been elected. There is unfortunately a culture of complacency. The average person doesn't want to get involved, but they are happy to lay blame on those who do. So what's the answer?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:12 PM

We forgave and built up their car industry while we watched ours disappear. We followed all EU dictates to the letter while they picked and chose what suited them. We bought their foods wines and goods rather than our own. You don't see them helping us that way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-09-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We forgave and built up their car industry while we watched ours disappear. We followed all EU dictates to the letter while they picked and chose what suited them. We bought their foods wines and goods rather than our own. You don't see them helping us that way.
You cannot blame the EU for the failure of our auto industry. We had the ability to pick and choose rules just the same. We buy wine from all over the world. We have our own foods too, it's just cheaper to import loads (and not just from the EU).

It's so easy to blame others for our own incompetence.
Greenhorn
England
Greenhorn is male  Greenhorn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 08:50 AM

I think the point Julie may be making is that 'we' played by the rules. We didn't go out of our way to break the rules because it suited us better at the time. In fact, in the true British Tradition of fair play, we "were more Catholic than the pope".

The sooner this charade ends, the better in my opinion. The EU should realise that when a net contributor to their inflated budget leaves, there is bound to be a financial price to pay not only for the one leaving but also for those remaining in the union.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Yes that's it exactly we always do play by the rules our sense of fair play has been our downfall when dealing with other countries have no such national feeling.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What amazes me is that you remainiacs still continue with flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks, but I don't need anyone to explain the fact that you don't have an actual point to make. If do you have a serious comment relevant to the discussion then please do go ahead. It would be most welcome!
OK, I understand. I'd better explain.

Flagellation, necrophilia, bestiality = flogging a dead horse.

To explain even further, I was suggesting that you remainiacs continue to whinge about having lost the referendum, but that won't make any difference. You lost. Accept it.

Even better, try to support Brexit for the common good of us all in this country. If you feel you cannot support a democratic decision, at least stop moaning about it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by julie1962 ->
we had no chance of changing our ways at all within the eu. If we had tried another system or become a more caring place we would have been over run by poorer countries coming here to get into our system. We are a maverick nation always have been but we've been tethered to this political dream that germany and france run for far too long.

Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top