Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:43 PM

Re: Spring bulbs, too late ?

daffs are pokeing out here to,but they were here when I came,so things should be ok
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 06:02 PM

That's the bulbs in now, just in time for the snow

My friend collected some leaves and used them as a mulch on the east facing border. I still have around 80 left, and they are going in next week, if we don't have a few inches of snow. Good luck to them then!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 06:11 PM

I put the rest of mine in pots today , Fritillaria ,Alliums,and Tulips .My hands were frozen by the time i had finished and I didn't space the Allium's out to the required space ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
So have mine and I did do them to the correct debth, so im thinking they will die back when the worst of winter hits them .
They should be ok Eliza the cold will just check them.

My primroses are out, they look lovely
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They should be ok Eliza the cold will just check them.

My primroses are out, they look lovely
I had a cowslip in flower on edge of the lawn 2 weeks ago,,,strange
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
I had a cowslip in flower on edge of the lawn 2 weeks ago,,,strange
I think some plants get confused by the weather Doc
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:27 PM

Not a great flower grower.

But with the early flowering flowers they flower and then the bulbs in the summer enrich them selves to grow again in early spring.

So should be all right to plant now they have taken up their goodnes for the next year

I have them in my garden that have started to grow but they are still dorment and will not produce their flowers till the late winter or early spring depending on the temps

Do remember a few years ago a we had very mild winter down south and the Daffs had flowered in mid Feb but most were dead at the end of Feb to 3 week in March.

Couple of years later the Daffs lasted to the end of April.

Put them in if they don't flower they will the next year

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top