Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: "The BBC's LIBERAL Agenda"

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She is a very intelligent and articulate Political Commentator

She gives as good as she gets and is equally critical of Corbyn.

Just because she does not follow the same line as the Express does not mean she , or the BBC, are wrong.
Don't we all think that about people we agree with ? If she was same person but agreed with Corbyn I doubt you'd be lauding her intelligence etc.

That's the problem with the BBC they straddle a line that means they have to try to be all things to all people. If they can have equal commentators on each side IMO they are winning, but people hear what they want.
Colonelgrim
England
Colonelgrim is male 

08-12-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Media is 100% controlled and used to control the hearts and minds of vulnerable people. It's a primary weapon of the elitists. Used to:

The more you can unplug yourself from TV, the more balanced and able you will be to go searching for the actual truth of any situation or issue.
So it's not just me then?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:57 AM

I never watch or listen to the BBC.

They are dogmatic and too liberal for my liking, That plus I disagree with the television tax.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Colonelgrim ->
So it's not just me then?
If you unplug yourself, from the media, where would you get your information from?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If you unplug yourself, from the media, where would you get your information from?
Depends what "information" you're looking for.

For example, sat you wanted to find out whether Spain wanted to get out of the EU as the UK does.

Would you go watch BBC news? BBC documentaries ? Question Time etc? Would you read newspapers? Listen to the drivel put out on national radio?

If you want the truth, you go and talk to the Spanish people. Simple as that. Then you find there's a huge disparity between what the media say and what people actually say.
Colonelgrim
England
Colonelgrim is male 

08-12-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The internet, the peoples media, its the latest thing in smoke signals............
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

If you want the truth, you go and talk to the Spanish people. Simple as that. Then you find there's a huge disparity between what the media say and what people actually say.
So what do we do? All troop off to the countries in question and ask the "man in the street".? You would get answers the same as they do when interviewing the numpties on the street in this country. Pre referendum was a fine example of public ignorance.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
So what do we do? All troop off to the countries in question and ask the "man in the street".? You would get answers the same as they do when interviewing the numpties on the street in this country. Pre referendum was a fine example of public ignorance.
The ignorance still prevails.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:45 PM

I get my news from multiple sources but wouldn't touch BBC with a bargepole.

All the big media companies' news stories are fungible; they are dancing to the same tune and controlled by the corporate elite.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:11 PM

I rarely watch the BBC but do find them more right wing than anything,
My favourite news is Channel 4, which seems the most objective.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top