Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:02 PM

The trauma goes on.

The reason for death given by the hospital is totally different to what she was being treated for.

The Coroner's office phoned for my opinions and after speaking they contacted the hospital to get some more info.

The upshot is they are disgusted at the treatment my mum received and are not happy with the claimed cause and wants an investigation.

My poor mum has to have a Post Mortem, which I hate the thought of but, if it helps change the way people are treated then her death wasn't in vain.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:11 PM

Re: The trauma goes on.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The reason for death given by the hospital is totally different to what she was being treated for.

The Coroner's office phoned for my opinions and after speaking they contacted the hospital to get some more info.

The upshot is they are disgusted at the treatment my mum received and are not happy with the claimed cause and wants an investigation.

My poor mum has to have a Post Mortem, which I hate the thought of but, if it helps change the way people are treated then her death wasn't in vain.
Hi

A PM will be necessary Tpin, never good.

Easy to say, I know, been there done that, difficult, very difficult.

It is very , very different when it is a Family Member.

The way I coped with it was as a memory, they did not die in vain, their death is a way of ensuring that others did not suffer in the same way.

A last memory of your Mum, she fought for Justice for others all her life, she will still be wanting to fight for it now.

It is hard, very hard, but it has to be done.

She will be very proud of you if you can.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:21 PM

Oh my goodness. I didnīt know you had lost your beloved mum. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I hope all the troubles you are now having will be resolved and you can grieve for your mum in peace.

I can imagine what you are going through, my circumstances when I lost my mother were not so very different.

Again, I am so sorry.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:22 PM

They were treating her for a urinary tract infection as she was confused and had some breathing problems.....I asked for a scan because of clots being a risk to my mum.

Cause of death Pulmonary embolism.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-12-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A PM will be necessary Tpin, never good.

Easy to say, I know, been there done that, difficult, very difficult.

It is very , very different when it is a Family Member.

The way I coped with it was as a memory, they did not die in vain, their death is a way of ensuring that others did not suffer in the same way.

A last memory of your Mum, she fought for Justice for others all her life, she will still be wanting to fight for it now.

It is hard, very hard, but it has to be done.

She will be very proud of you if you can.
Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Oh my goodness. I didnīt know you had lost your beloved mum. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I hope all the troubles you are now having will be resolved and you can grieve for your mum in peace.

I can imagine what you are going through, my circumstances when I lost my mother were not so very different.

Again, I am so sorry.
Thank you to both of you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Thank you to both of you.
Hi

I have not PM,d you, not because because I do not care, but because you have enough to deal with at the moment.

I am here if you need anything, anything at all.

You know how to get in touch.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:57 PM

So sad for your loss...words aren't really enough.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 03:08 PM

So sorry to hear about this added complication for you and your family Tpin, but the Coroner must believe it is necessary. My dad had to have a PM because of a PE. They will take care of your mum you know and if there was not a PM you might always wonder. Thinking of you xxx Rena
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 05:33 PM

My mum had to have a pm because she died unexpectedly even though she was almost 90. When we went to see her at the funeral parlour, there was no evidence at all of the pm, but at least we had a reason for her death. My biggest regret was that she died alone.

Thinking of you Tpin.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 07:12 PM

Looks like you are going through the mill lately Terry and this is just something else you didn't need. I do hope you are allowed closure before long.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top