Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 02:16 PM

Alan Partridge Is Back on the BBC

Ahaaah!!!

He is back next year. But first a documentary covering his career is on, Wednesday at 9pm BBC2, called: Alan Partridge: Why, When, Where, How And Whom?

Also, there is another welcomed showing of his excellent film Alpha Papa on Thursday at 11.30pm BBC2, It is preceded by the, perhaps underrated, Romesh Ranganathan on his first ever live stand up show.*

But I'm guessing Partridge fans will be short on the ground on here. All a bit "too recent" and " modern", for one thing.*
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Re: Alan Partridge Is Back on the BBC

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Ahaaah!!!

He is back next year. But first a documentary covering his career is on, Wednesday at 9pm BBC2, called: Alan Partridge: Why, When, Where, How And Whom?

Also, there is another welcomed showing of his excellent film Alpha Papa on Thursday at 11.30pm BBC2, It is preceded by the, perhaps underrated, Romesh Ranganathan on his first ever live stand up show.*

But I'm guessing Partridge fans will be short on the ground on here. All a bit "too recent" and " modern", for one thing.*

Nothing whatever to do with you thinking it is 'recent' and 'modern'.
I for one, just don't like the bloke and never have.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nothing whatever to do with you thinking it is 'recent' and 'modern'.
I for one, just don't like the bloke and never have.
What does that mean?

I didn't "like" Basil Fawlty but found him funny.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Awful guy certainly will not be watching it. Life is far to short to waste watching rubbish!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Awful guy certainly will not be watching it. Life is far to short to waste watching rubbish!!
I agree, makes me cringe.
Gravitas
North England

26-12-2017, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
It's just the response I expected.

There must be someone on here with a sense of humour that appreciates this classic quality comedy character?

Apart from me of course.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 07:32 PM

I don't mind Alan Partridge, although not a favourite. My son and his cousin seemed to regard him as some sort of cult figure when they were younger. I didn't take a lot of interest and some of the time I didn't understand what they were on about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
What does that mean?

I didn't "like" Basil Fawlty but found him funny.

I said - "I don't like the bloke and never have."

What part of that confuses you?
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 11:09 PM

Never cared for the bloke or his characters.Same with The Office....just not my sort of humour.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 01:29 AM

I liked the series when he was living in a caravan next to the house he was having built. With his foreign girlfriend and his long suffering PA I found funny. His comedy did seem to have a cringe factor to it but it was part of the Alan Partridge character.

I liked the series The Office but funnily enough these days find Ricky Gervais a little annoying at times.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top