Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Re: Demonstrations in Iran

That explains your post.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm beginning to wonder who is agitating to make his happen, trump is very in favour, that makes me nervous. Iran is a country trying to change albeit slowly, if they push too hard the clergy will clamp down again and they could be pushed back into a harsher regime again.

Possibly Iranians who haven't been paid in months or want higher wages in order to live.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Possibly Iranians who haven't been paid in months or want higher wages in order to live.
Nah! These riots have been orchestrated by outside agencies. The Iranian people have great freedoms, there is plenty of food in the markets and wages are at a new high.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 07:43 PM

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2018, 06:00 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42532784
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:53 PM

Deaths among protesters has risen to 12 and one policeman killed. The protestors haven't been deterred by police action.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42535292
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2018, 11:54 PM

Tens of thousands of Iranians are now demonstrating on the streets.
12 people have been killed .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 12:58 AM

Deja vu Syria.

Good luck to them. They've seen what happens in Syria, there were outside influences in Syria to whip up instability, and then the rest is history.

I don't hold out much hope that this will resolve quickly or quietly. However, the ME can get on with their own lives from now on . Why the heck should we be even interested one tiny bit ? Just don't come knocking on our door, none of them.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 01:46 AM

If we stop and think of the enormity of impact this could have ,it's sheer horror !

Turkey and Iran have kissed and made up just recently.

Iran has 80 million population. (Syria had 20 million) If civil war takes off, bloodshed is the key word, and is Germany about to open it's doors to Iranian refugees this time ?
Turkey won't keep them, she's got all the Syrians and various others like Iraqis.

Then we have Trump sitting on his hot seat , encouraging the whole affair.
The devil incarnate who presides over all things. NOT GOOD for the world !

There might be joy for some in the fact that things are hotting up in Iran, but it would seem there's only one way we are ALL heading. We only have to read between the lines and refer back to the last few years.
Wondering what happened to all the ISIS fighters that were helped out of Raqqa just recently, approx. 4000 of them... where might they have gone to ? Maybe that's a silly question !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 02:58 AM

These things don't end well in Islamic countries. I have some Iranian friends or people who are married to Iranians. Iranians have a very rich culture and are very hospitable. Many seem to have been able to go back and forth to Iran without to much trouble. There seems to be a very big difference between the regime we see in the media and the wonderful life people have behind closed doors. It's worrying what is happening and how it will end. I fear not well. They did not welcome US interference before, isn't that how the regime started? I don't see the threat from Iran tbh. They do not come across to me like the rest of the Middle East. In fact from speaking to Iranians they don't think they have much in common with many of their neighbours.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top