Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 07:45 PM

Re: Jeremy Hunt Apology

Hi

In every other EU Country they charge the full cost of treatment, plus admin costs, for every EU patient.

We chose not to, that is £Billions we are losing.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 01:52 PM

If you have an EHIC card then you entitled to the same treatment as a Member of the E U country that you are in, so every other E U country does not charge for the full cost of treatment, and I think I may be right in saying that they do not charge anything .
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 02:05 PM

Jeremy Hunt is the Tory equivalent of Labour's Peter Mandelson.
He is, I believe, May's longest serving minister, a favourite, who however many mistakes he makes just bounces back.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Jeremy Hunt is the Tory equivalent of Labour's Peter Mandelson.
He is, I believe, May's longest serving minister, a favourite, who however many mistakes he makes just bounces back.

Because he knows where May buried the bodies!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
The UK is now giving £225 million to Clinics in Africa.
Where is the logic when people here are dying, waiting for essential surgery ?
The government are determined to ignore public opinion.

It would not surprise me if there was a revolution!

Although the government think we are all revolting any way
Thank you Azure. At least there are some of us that can see the irony. Eventually, this country will be so poor we will not be able to give Aid to anyone, in fact, we will require it ourselves. It will be interesting to see if anyone rushes to our aid.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Because he knows where May buried the bodies!!!
Yes UJ that is my theory too. He may become deputy PM in the reshuffle.
Meanwhile many walk in centres, which relieve pressure on A&E and provide an excellent out of hours service have closed since 2010 and rumour is they are all planned to go.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
If you have an EHIC card then you entitled to the same treatment as a Member of the E U country that you are in, so every other E U country does not charge for the full cost of treatment, and I think I may be right in saying that they do not charge anything .
Hi

I have to disagree Norway.

If you have an EHIC the cost of treatment is charged to the Country which issued the card.

We unfortunately do not routinely charge and the NHS have been given targets to meet to recover costs that they should be charging for.

It is costing the UK Billions a year, all down to NHS failures.

The way we give them out is also a nonsense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...nt-abroad.html

This is still going on.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thank you Azure. At least there are some of us that can see the irony. Eventually, this country will be so poor we will not be able to give Aid to anyone, in fact, we will require it ourselves. It will be interesting to see if anyone rushes to our aid.
Personally I've no problem with that if we had the money but we borrow it ! That's crazy to me, if I personally have money to give to charity I do so but I can't borrow to do it that would bankrupt us in no time.

Someone said labour don't do joined up mathematics well neither do tories in this aspect IMO it will destroy us eventually I believe and rarely helps those it's aimed at.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 12:02 PM

70th birthday of the NHS... isn't a non partisan cross party approach to redesigning it is now the only way forward?

Funding the NHS: Is it finally time for a new approach? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42582800
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
70th birthday of the NHS... isn't a non partisan cross party approach to redesigning it is now the only way forward?

Funding the NHS: Is it finally time for a new approach? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42582800
Hi

Totally agree ruthio.

I am all in favour of a ring fenced tax, shown separately, a common practice in other countries.

It should also include adult social services with are really part of health care costs.

This would allow huge amounts of management costs to be eliminated altogether.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top