Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:43 AM

Nasty Party has a Heart of Gold

According to the news this evening Theresa May has refused a request by the Tory council leader of Windsor to remove all the homeless people from the area before the royal wedding.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-0...edding/9306096

That's nice isn't it Joe, me old pal, me old beauty?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Re: Nasty Party has a Heart of Gold

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
According to the news this evening Theresa May has refused a request by the Tory council leader of Windsor to remove all the homeless people from the area before the royal wedding.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-0...edding/9306096

That's nice isn't it Joe, me old pal, me old beauty?

Its appalling that the scumbag 'nasty party' Councillor suggested it in the first place. Both he and Theresa May are scumbags for failing to address the issue of homelessness not only in Windsor but nationwide.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Apparantly some of the beggars on the streets of Windsor are aggressive and cause problems .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Apparantly some of the beggars on the streets of Windsor are aggressive and cause problems .
Like traffic wardens or council rangers then?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Apparently.

But those at the coal face say they have never come across any kind of aggression.

But it has to be said that there are two categories of street people: the genuinely homeless and the 'professional' beggars.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Like traffic wardens or council rangers then?
No aggressive begging off tourists .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 11:02 AM

I don't live that far away from Windsor I have friends there, it's not simple as said.
They have enough places for the homeless, but they won't take drinkers, druggies or pets. The core on the street are made up of those people.

I have heard some are violent and aggressive. But usually when they don't get money when they beg, the drunks are the culprits usually.

The dilemma is are they going to be able to find anywhere to take these substance abusers ?

The pet owners I see more simply. They dogs are really well behaved, tbh I've never seen more well behaved dogs, so why can't they take their dogs with them ? Lack of rental spaces that take dogs is a huge problem for many who want to rent. Why i can never imagine because a decent landlord will have factored in any damage anyone causes deposits are high enough surely ?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 11:13 AM

One thing for sure now the place will be full of beggars on the day. That's really backfired on him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Its appalling that the scumbag 'nasty party' Councillor suggested it in the first place. Both he and Theresa May are scumbags for failing to address the issue of homelessness not only in Windsor but nationwide.
The problem has been around for a while now regardless of who was in government. Yes, it's got worse in recent years but I can't for the life of me work out why.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The problem has been around for a while now regardless of who was in government. Yes, it's got worse in recent years but I can't for the life of me work out why.

Simple - the scumbag 'nasty party' haven't built enough social housing to accomodate all that want and need it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top