Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 12:50 AM

Romeo and Juliet

Old romantic that I am - I've been watching this Italian (don't panic, it's in English) adaptation of the famous love story on True Movies (Freeview) and I have to say it's excellent.

It's still set in the same year and location as the original but the dialogue is modern English as opposed to Shakespeare's flowery verse. The play itself has been faithful to the original in all its aspects even throwing in some of the famous lines from the original text. I can recommend this if you can get a chance to see it.

Here's a taster...

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 07:54 AM

Re: Romeo and Juliet

Looks good Judd I'll watch it later
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 01:06 PM

You amaze me Judd. I would never have expected a man to willingly watch a romance!

What time's it on please?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 01:12 PM

Romeo & Juliet is one of the few Shakespeare plays I have read all the way through. I have also been to Verona to see where it all 'happened'.

I will watch out for that. Thanks Judd.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Romeo & Juliet is one of the few Shakespeare plays I have read all the way through. I have also been to Verona to see where it all 'happened'.

I will watch out for that. Thanks Judd.

Ooh Dongles, another old softie?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh Dongles, another old softie?
Not many of us left these days Mups.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Looks good Judd I'll watch it later

It's already been on but watch out for the repeat.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

08-01-2018, 06:43 PM

You amaze me Judd. I would never have expected a man to willingly watch a romance!

What time's it on please?

Oh aye, I'm a sensitive soul under all this gruff Yorkshire exterior not to mention a man of some sophistication despite my upbringing on a rough council estate.

It's no sin to be born in the gutter but it's a terrible sin to want to stay there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Oh aye, I'm a sensitive soul under all this gruff Yorkshire exterior not to mention a man of some sophistication despite my upbringing on a rough council estate.

It's no sin to be born in the gutter but it's a terrible sin to want to stay there.

You forgot to say what time it is on?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

08-01-2018, 06:44 PM

You forgot to say what time it is on?
See my reply to Summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top