Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Re: Kiri

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you have an Internet connection you can get I player on your computer. You need a box like freesat freeview Sky virgin etc to get it to your tv.So you can get it free.
I see what you are saying there but you can connect an HDMI cable from your computer to your tv (depending on what equipment you have).

That means you can view anything that's on your computer , on your tv.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mups, all you need is your computer/laptop.

You can stream from iplayer which means you are watching a programme as the data is being sent to your computer. That's ok but can sometimes be a bit slow resulting in buffering (you know when you get that circle going around whilst you are waiting.

Or you can download, which is what I tend to do. The data is sent to your computer first so that you can watch without interruption. It can take a while to download so I tend to do it during the day when I am busy doing something else. Then it is ready in the evening.

You do not need Sky to watch it.

You're a darling Dongle, but can you pop in and how me please? I'll put kettle on.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What do you do, just type in iPlayer on a computer search?
I'll have to get someone to show me Julie, I'm worse than useless with anthing like this.
Yes you can they will find it for you. It's really easy to watch as dongles has said either download or stream. It's so easy even I can use it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 12:30 PM

You're a darling Dongle, but can you pop in and how me please? I'll put kettle on.
Do I need to bring my own coffee cups to avoid the 25p charge?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Mups, try registering as I have said in my pm.

You should end up with a 'BBC iplayer Download symbol on your desktop (the screen you see when you first log in to your computer)

It's a black circle with a pink D inside.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Thank you Dongle & Julie.
I will have a go later today.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 12:21 AM

Kiri is a new Sarah Lancashire drama on Ch.4 at 9 pm this Wednesday. I like her.

Only thing is, it's on at exactly the same time as part 2 of 'Girlfriends.'

Hmm . . . . . decisions, decisions.
Mups could you watch one of them at 9pm, then watch the other on Channel 4+1, Or ITV+1 at 10pm on the night?

That’s if you can get those +1 channels?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-01-2018, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups could you watch one of them at 9pm, then watch the other on Channel 4+1, Or ITV+1 at 10pm on the night?

That’s if you can get those +1 channels?

Art, that's an excellent idea, but are those channels on Freeview do you know? I've only got that.

Oooh, yes I can. I've just been and had a look.
It said 4+1 is channel 13, and ITV 1 is Ch. 33.
I'll go and have a look at the times this is on tomorrow.
Thanks a lot Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 12:38 AM

Art, that's an excellent idea, but are those channels on Freeview do you know? I've only got that.
Mups, l think ITV+1 might be on Freeview? I don’t know the channel number as l watch all my television via Sky.

I bet someone will know and advise you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-01-2018, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l think ITV+1 might be on Freeview? I don’t know the channel number as l watch all my television via Sky.

I bet someone will know and advise you.

I've just added to my previous post, have a look.
Thanks very much.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top