Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 09:54 AM

U.S. in the gutter

Seems the conclusion of a few pundits is that Nellie the Hephalump has draggged the U.S. into the gutter. Actually the U.S has been there since November 2016.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...3D859474567_uk
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: U.S. in the gutter

I have to agree that Trump does the presidency of the United States no favours on the world stage, but hopefully he won't be there for too long.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:39 AM

I'm not defending trump for one minute but he's telling it as it is. Some African countries are exactly what he says, due to the tin pot dictators who bleed them dry and foster war. I cant see what is racist about telling it as it is. Calling it that,more often than not, is a ploy to silence what some don't want to hear.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I'm not defending trump for one minute but he's telling it as it is. Some African countries are exactly what he says, due to the tin pot dictators who bleed them dry and foster war. I cant see what is racist about telling it as it is. Calling it that,more often than not, is a ploy to silence what some don't want to hear.

Hitler started in the same fashion and neo-nazis need to be challenged wherever and whenever they raise their ugly heads.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:38 PM

He's saying what he thinks and what many people think. Its comments like yours which are out of order. Virtue signalling, implying that everyone's out of step except you. Relating the comments to extreme views such as Hitler had. Attempting to close down debate. Are you saying there are no countries such as he describes, because I could list a few.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
He's saying what he thinks and what many people think. Its comments like yours which are out of order. Virtue signalling, implying that everyone's out of step except you. Relating the comments to extreme views such as Hitler had. Attempting to close down debate. Are you saying there are no countries such as he describes, because I could list a few.

Which might just prove ypu're no better than that neo-nazi in the White House!!!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

14-01-2018, 01:05 PM

And you are no better than the communist countries you worship many of who's citizens really are racist.
There is nobody worse that the extreme left for out and out racism... probably
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:12 PM

Over the years all western countries have been diplomatic about poorer countries, this new let's be as insulting as we can isn't going to make them better. It just upsets people and makes tit for tatting more likely. Look at Kim that's got completely out of hand almost into a nuclear event. Diplomacy is what we need from our leaders in troubled times, not blunt rudeness.

The queen has it about right IMO you don't see her saying anything like this that could explode back on us.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top