Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 07:27 PM

Re: Does ‘Waste’ Grieve You?

One of my jobs at work is to Friday at 6pm to empty both fridges of everything except a bottle of milk to start them off on Monday morning. I could cry some Friday's at the black bag full of ham, cheese, pickles, butter ......... It's appalling.

I get very little waste at home what humans don't eat usually gets made into dog food. Even potato peelings can be oven dried into crispy tasty snack food for humans and dogs.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 08:41 PM

No waste in my house , I'll make a soup and freeze , the only waste is vegetable peelings and fruit skins . The waste in my daughter's house is unbelievable .

Today I bought a large piece of brisket for £2 from Sainsbury's dated sell by today's date . It's gone into the freezer for now but I'll make a lovely stew in the week .

Always shocked when on tv you see some silly person throw a plate of good food into the bin because someone is late for a meal. I'd be heating it up the next day .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l think you could be described as a ‘human dustbin’?
Worse that that, a Geezer I knew would eat anything, and, would let other folks Push Him About, he was known as a Human Wheelie Bin.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Worse that that, a Geezer I knew would eat anything, and, would let other folks Push Him About, he was known as a Human Wheelie Bin.
Was he green?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:12 PM

Probably a bit envious, if the truth be known.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Always shocked when on tv you see some silly person throw a plate of good food into the bin because someone is late for a meal. I'd be heating it up the next day .
I can never understand that! I always find reheated food tastes better, anyway, especially if put in a roasting tin in the oven. It might look messy but it's great.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I can never understand that! I always find reheated food tastes better, anyway, especially if put in a roasting tin in the oven. It might look messy but it's great.
I do love a cold curry, the following morning. Much tastier.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top