Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:00 PM

Re: Canadian things I love

My first long term relationship was with a Canadian guy. Loved the accent. We are still friends after all these years.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Not for those of us who live close to the USA border, we go north in Canada and they tell us we have an American accent.

Sweetie sounds like a Canadian cheerleader....she sure knows and loves a lot about Canada. Sending her a Maple Leaf Hat for Christmas
Maple I may well be heading your way for Thanks Giving I will tell you all about it at the bar.

[QUOTE=AnnieS;1317215]My first long term relationship was with a Canadian guy. Loved the accent. We are still friends after all these years.
That is a lovely Annie
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:37 PM

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:50 PM

Things I love about Canada..the bars in Medicine Hat.
redhatmamma
New Member!
Canada
redhatmamma is female 

18-01-2018, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
He's mine
Nope - I got first dibs his wife got some flak on twitter for a post about sex in the morning -
wham bam thank you mam
https://twitter.com/shantellebisson/...31577892032512

If you can't read twitter it says:

Something interesting happened in my marriage this morning. After a fantastic shag, and delicious breakfast @yannick_bisson rushed out for a bike ride, which has this wife wondering: "is there a standard amount of time one should "hang out" post sex???
Guess he didn't stop for a cigarette or anything afterwards
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Canadian Rockies
Inside Passage
Vancouver Island (Victoria)
Optimism - plant gorgeous flower gardens despite a short growing season
Extraordinarily nice people
Good surfing in Tofinio

Ryan Reynolds
I lived 1/2 hr north of Victoria for a number of years.
Sadly, it's got too big, and while it still has a lot of charm, it's lost a good percentage of it. It really is just another tourist trap now.
Long Beach (Tofino) is still a beautiful place to visit. As is a lot of other places on the island.

Some missing foods:
smoked salmon
Nanaimo bars
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:27 AM

We're at war!

Australia has complained at the World Trade Organization about Canada’s rules on wine sales, expanding a similar U.S. complaint against one Canadian region.

In October, Washington accused the Canadian province of British Columbia of providing an unfair advantage to local vineyards by giving their wine an exclusive retail channel in grocery store shelves and cutting out U.S. competition.

Australia’s complaint, published by the WTO on Tuesday, expanded the U.S. argument, saying that not only British Columbia but also Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, as well as the Canadian government, had policies on wine that broke WTO rules.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1F51ZD
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:12 PM

I like Canadian humour.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:27 PM

Hi

I like helene joy.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:28 PM

I could almost cry reading this thread. I am overwhelmed reading all the lovely posts.

Funny thing, most of my real life friends are from UK. I seem to get along well with people from the UK, perhaps it is because my mother hails from Scotland.

My father's family hails from Prussia....I don't know a lot about his history.

My mom was the sweeties little lass you would ever want to meet, she was so beautiful. I like to think most of my best genes are from my mother's side of the family.

My (last) husband's family were also from UK, and my son is very very British. He and I lock horns every once in a while...but he is the best son in the world and looks out for me.

The friend I hang out with the most is from London and she goes back every year but she says it has changed a lot...

I notice Sweetie Pie started this thread, and she is the first lady friend I have from UK...
(on forums)...

I live 3/4 hr from Niagara Falls....in Oakville which is part of the Greater Toronto Area.

https://www.oakville.ca/culturerec/bronte-harbour.html

Thanks all you lovely peeps for such wonderful comments and I am sure hoping to get to know many of you....

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top