Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:01 PM

Dancing on Ice

I loathe Jason Gardiner!

He is ignorant, a narcissist and no where near as clever as he imagines because he is totally unable to help someone with fair cricism without embarrassing them and hurting their feelings so publicly as well.

I have never liked this smug man since the first time I saw him, and he has got steadily more vile as time goes on, because nobody one stops him.

I loathe the way he has a habit of tilting his head backwards and looking smugly down his nose at people as he comments.
I loathe his appalling attitude to anyone he doesn't approve of. And I lothe the way he shames people.

And last night, when he was cricising Cheryl Baker, there was no need to mock her 63 years whatsoever. He said about her looking like she was in a Stanna Stairlift. Totally unecessary and unprofessional.
I saw Jane Torville look furious, and a lot of the audience looked shocked and annoyed too. Linda Lusadi sat shaking her head and muttered something to the person next to her.
This rude, pig ignorant man does the show no good and over steps the mark time and again.

I remember last year when that Swimming Champion was on (forgotten her name), and she was wearing a brownish outift that night, and he told her she looked like "poo going down the toilet pan." He is not funny, he is a nasty individual.

I rarely feel this strongly about anyone as I do about him.
I wish they'd get rid of him, or at the very least bring him down a peg or two - preferably publicly, like he does to others.

He makes Craig Revell-Horwood look like a choirboy!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:09 PM

Re: Dancing on Ice

I've stopped watching it to be honest Mups. I liked it before but I'm not happy with the new format. I seem to remember that Gardiner has been in trouble before because of his comments but that doesn't stop them employing him.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Hi

Dancing on Ice?

Like all the others, Strictly etc.

I would rather slice my testicles lengthways with a blunt , rusty razor than watch them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Dancing on Ice?

I would rather slice my testicles lengthways with a blunt , rusty razor than watch them.
Can we vote on that?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Hi

Dancing on Ice?

So you won't be watching then?
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:56 PM

I agree he's a horrible bloke.
What tickled me in last night show was Holly's low cut dress and Phillip in a polo neck-which one was more suited to an ice show? I don't think I'll be watching it every week,the noisy crowd gets on my nerves,much worse than the strictly lot.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:02 PM

I love DOI I find the grace and elegance of people effortly gliding on ice in time to music beautiful to watch . I think for anyone to start learning to skate and to progress to ice dance in just a weeks is a tremendous achievement so much more so that just learning to ballroom dance.

What is also amazing to me are the novices lifting people or agreeing to being lifted while skating , I would be terrified

Jason Gardiner doesn't bother me, he knows what he is talking about and if I was a skater I would ignore the silly comments, accept the genuine criticism and hope to learn from it.

Torvill and Dean are a welcome addition to the judging panel, I am delighted to see the programm back after a few years of absence .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:31 PM

So do I I have never managed to skate other than round and round the ice rink when taking my grandchildren .
Just straight forward no fancy turns -in fact no sharp turns whatsoever
-it's difficult I think they are great
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-01-2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love DOI I find the grace and elegance of people effortly gliding on ice in time to music beautiful to watch . I think for anyone to start learning to skate and to progress to ice dance in just a weeks is a tremendous achievement so much more so that just learning to ballroom dance.

What is also amazing to me are the novices lifting people or agreeing to being lifted while skating , I would be terrified

Jason Gardiner doesn't bother me, he knows what he is talking about and if I was a skater I would ignore the silly comments, accept the genuine criticism and hope to learn from it.

Torvill and Dean are a welcome addition to the judging panel, I am delighted to see the programm back after a few years of absence

Yes, I agree about Torvill & Dean Meg. It is always good to see them again. They criticise without shaming people too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-01-2018, 07:18 PM

Hi

Dancing on Ice?

Bit drastic, surely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top