Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:49 AM

Cheese & Biscuits

Man from Sainsburys has just delivered my shopping. Amongst the 'goodies' he brought me, was a cheese selection and a decent bottle of Port, so this evening's tea will be cheese & biscuits, washed down with a glass or two of Port. Yes I know, officially I'm not allowed alcohol, but this is just a little indulgence and I won't overdo it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:05 PM

Re: Cheese & Biscuits

Just take care Uj they don't give that advice without reason. But enjoy your treat a little of what you fancy and all that.

Funnily my latest mess say avoid grapefruit, I've been craving it since I started taking them, I don't even like grapefruit normally
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just take care Uj they don't give that advice without reason. But enjoy your treat a little of what you fancy and all that.

Funnily my latest mess say avoid grapefruit, I've been craving it since I started taking them, I don't even like grapefruit normally

That's another no, no for me too Julie darlin' - apparently it seriously interferes with my Warfarin. I adored Grapefruit and used to eat it for breakfast or buy cartons of grapefruit juice too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:32 PM

It's annoying isn't I being stopped from eating what we want
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

16-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's annoying isn't I being stopped from eating what we want

Yes Julie darlin' sweeties, chocolates, cakes, biscuits and wines. I even have to be careful about my occasional tot of Brandy in my coffee at breakfast.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-01-2018, 02:30 PM

Bit more drastic with my allergies but I do sympathise Uj.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Julie darlin' sweeties, chocolates, cakes, biscuits and wines. I even have to be careful about my occasional tot of Brandy in my coffee at breakfast.
What a lovely start to the day that must be! I made some Amaretto coffee at Christmas, brought specially for some tiramisu I was making. It was heavenly!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Man from Sainsburys has just delivered my shopping. Amongst the 'goodies' he brought me, was a cheese selection and a decent bottle of Port, so this evening's tea will be cheese & biscuits, washed down with a glass or two of Port. Yes I know, officially I'm not allowed alcohol, but this is just a little indulgence and I won't overdo it.
Joe, me old pal, me old beauty.

Many years ago my doctor gave me two lists, one list was food and drink to avoid and the other was a list of foods I should have. He told me it would add ten years to my life and he started to go through it with me but there was a major problem - the list of foods to avoid included everything I enjoyed and the list of food to eat was everything I hated (you know, vegetables and all the yucky stuff).

I told him I was never going to stick to his lists and what was the point of living 10 years longer if it was without enjoying my food and drink? Sheer hell as far as I was concerned. He has never raised the matter again and here I am over a decade later still here, still not on any permanent medication, still with OK blood pressure, still enjoying my food and still drinking too much.

What is the point of living if you can't eat and drink the things you enjoy to excess? I am not much over weight - my BMI is 26 which I am happy to live with. Sod 'em! You're a long time dead.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 07:55 AM

I feel an episode of gout coming on for you UJ I hate to be a killjoy but cheese and port arnt they renown for it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-01-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I feel an episode of gout coming on for you UJ I hate to be a killjoy but cheese and port arnt they renown for it?

No, that's over ripe pheasant and Port !!! And since I'm no longer that nimble anymore, my chances of catching pheasants in the hedge are zilch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top