Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:13 PM

Re: Here’s A Thread For A Laugh! When Did You Last Go Clubbing?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think I was about 45 the last time I went clubbing.
It was my friends daughters hen night. I was quite pleased with myself for keeping up with the youngsters!
Good for you! Carol.
I can’t understand why some get so old so quickly, when it’s all in the head!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:59 PM

Why not Art if you enjoy the music - Go for it girl.
I admit I still go very occasionally.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Perhaps my late 30s.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:17 PM

2002 and I was 46/47. Used to go to a club in Northampton. Loud music till 2am. When you came out you thought you had gone deaf.
Also used to do the "bunny run" which was a road in Northampton full of pubs etc with music and DJs. Lots of lads and lassies out for a good time on Friday and Saturday nights. Brilliant.

These days I just put my headphones on play euphoric trance music and party in my mind.

Have to admit I would like to go to an Armin Van Buuren's
A State Of Trance sets, he is a dutch DJ.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:27 PM

I stopped going clubbing when, instead of seeing the scantily clad ladies, and going “phwaar “ I started to think, “ she’ll catch her death”,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:38 PM

If you mean music/dancing/booze type clubs, don't think I've been since my teens.
I don't cope very well with loud noise, (even when young), feel self conscious shuffling about trying to dance, and get tipsy very quickly, so what's the point?

I've belonged to many other types of club though, mostly all animal connected, so they might bore the pants off most of you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:49 PM

Around Disney with my twenty-something nieces this weekend. I was the ancient chaperoning aunt. Nice-well-meaning-but-misunderstanding older gentlemen kept trying to buy me champagne, and the music and lights were a bit much, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

That said, I must be getting old because those sausage casing dresses are a bit much (not my three ), and I have no idea how the girls are dancing in those platform heels.

Nothing is new under the sun: The boys are sheepish but eye the girls, the girls look away, there is plenty of flirting, the boys egg each other on to ask a girl to dance, and then they try to get to know each other by shouting into each others' ears over the din...

The best part of the evening was crawling blissfully into bed.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:02 PM

About 4 yrs ago was the last time , my favourite band called The Dolmen were playing I was a bit of a groupie so I went alone . I would get a drink and watch the band play , I was ok because I'm invisible now I'm an oldie . I'd catch a taxi home about 12.30 . The music was so loud and I got stuck by the speakers once and couldn't hear for 2 days .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:08 PM

Been a lot of places, never really like Clubs, never seemed to be a conclusion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
About 4 yrs ago was the last time , my favourite band called The Dolmen were playing I was a bit of a groupie so I went alone . I would get a drink and watch the band play , I was ok because I'm invisible now I'm an oldie . I'd catch a taxi home about 12.30 . The music was so loud and I got stuck by the speakers once and couldn't hear for 2 days .

I'd have had to leave Susan, I couldn't cope with that.
I hate standing only a foot away from someone and having to shout to be heard, or to hear them.
Nah, not for me.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top