Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:05 PM

Labour Is Unfit Even To Lose

The Economist article below suggests that Labour have pretty much no opposition ability and that the party is split assunder because of Corbyn's stubbornness to stay on.

It says:

"There is talk of a hundred Labour MPs forming a separate parliamentary Labour Party after the election"

"The Labour Party is not so much an organised political group as a battlefield between two rival ones: Jeremy Corbyn’s gang of far-left zealots and the parliamentary party of moderates. Until recently the moderates hoped that Mr Corbyn would do the honourable thing if he leads Labour to defeat and resign, leaving them to embark on the laborious work of rebuilding their party. Now it looks as if that is the last thing on Mr Corbyn’s narrow mind. He is busy shoring up his base by campaigning in safe seats and redefining “success” as getting the same share of the vote that his predecessor, Ed Miliband, got in 2015"

http://www.economist.com/news/britai...s-labour-unfit
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:23 PM

Re: Labour Is Unfit Even To Lose

Realist, you have become very "Political" of late, maybe the end is not nigh.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:31 PM

Panicking?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Realist, you have become very "Political" of late, maybe the end is not nigh.
Actually no I haven't. I still maintain that it doesn't matter one jot how you vote, the same unseen unelected people will still run the country. I don't care about either Labour or Conservatives or any other party.

My salvo of "Loony Labour" posts exist for one reason only and that is in protest of the relentless "scumbag nasty party" rhetoric which pervades the forum section.

I don't agree with the forum being used for personal political agendas nor for effectively advertising specific newspapers which support those agendas.

Since I am not a moderator and since I abide by the forum rules, my only option is to counter the "nasty party" rhetoric with my own posts.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top