Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:01 AM

Am I That Special ???

Someone once told me, that in the whole universe, there will never be created a being such as myself. In fact, according to this person, I am so unique and so special, that no one will ever resemble me as far as, thought, action, characteristc and appearance goes. So, if this were true, that would make me quite unique and special indeed.

So, I found myself the other day at a street corner waiting for the light to change. When all of a sudden I feel this tap on my shoulder. I turn to encounter this stranger with this huge grin on his face, that says.. " Hey Tim, how are you ? " Stranger continues to talk to me when he suddenly realizes that I was not Tim at all, I just looked like him. The stranger a bit startled excused himself and moved on.

As I crossed the street I thought to myself, I would like to have met Tim. Does Tim really look like me ? Does that also mean I have a twin out there ? And if so, how does that work ? People with different parents end up looking alike ?

Which brings me back to my original thought, am I really that special and that unique as some would like me to believe ? I really don't know the answer to that question. Maybe I should look for Tim to find out.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:08 AM

Re: Am I That Special ???

NAH...Each and every person on the planet is extraordinary and unique. Your encounter was simply mistaken identity, or it might have been your doppelgänger that prompted the enquiry.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
NAH...Each and every person on the planet is extraordinary and unique. Your encounter was simply mistaken identity, or it might have been your doppelgänger that prompted the enquiry.
After reading your comment, I feel better about that now. I mean, with all the identity theft out there, It scared the crap out of me to think, that this so called Tim could try to pass a fast one one me.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:30 AM

With due respect to your ironic and ostensibly facetious reply, I feel the gratitude Man.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

15-12-2015, 01:33 AM

With due respect to your ironic and ostensibly facetious reply, I feel the gratitude Man.
Thank you, you are a gentleman and a Sir. Remind me to knight you next time I am in your neck of the woods
Davenorave
Wales

15-12-2015, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Thank you, you are a gentleman and a Sir. Remind me to knight you next time I am in your neck of the woods
After the kindness and consideration I have shown you Eyes... You dare to call me SIR... I will have you know that I have always worked for a living.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

15-12-2015, 02:46 AM

After the kindness and consideration I have shown you Eyes... You dare to call me SIR... I will have you know that I have always worked for a living.
Now I really want to show you how hard you made me laugh, but unfortunately I don't know how with this new technology. So for now I am limited to show you one of these smiley faces..
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 02:57 AM

I've been mistaken for so very many people, even a co-worker at my old job. Fluffy ginger hair and blue eyes, people would swear we were one and the same. But I believe in the "Butterfly Effect"...think of all the people you as an individual have influenced...even just a few seconds meeting X each of us as individuals, mind boggling.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 05:06 AM

I wish eyes_of_a_painter would call me Sir. I'd be known as Sir Cumference (all due respect to the immortal Harry Seacombe).

Er, Mr Painter, sir, You are about as unique as lightning that, does in fact, strike twice in the same place. Having said that, we both exist in the rarity of that event, therefore, we are almost unique, which is almost as good.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 08:17 AM

Nah we are Borg, the hive mentality rules, you will be assimilated.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top