Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 01:43 PM

Amazon

Just to say im very happy with the service from this company, order placed late Sunday, and Christmas presents ordered were delivered today. Kept informed by Email as to every move, and competitive price to boot.

Great to be able to have this service as walking around my city would have been a nightmare for me.

Now all i need is a nice meals on wheels service to deliver all my festive meals and i will be in 7th heaven. Wonder if Dita Von Teese does home deliveries.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:03 PM

Re: Amazon

Yes have to say Amazon are actually pretty good only worry I have is hearing their staff may not be being treated well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:06 PM

Yes I've heard this too and saw how hard the staff work too on TV
I am curious about Amazon - how do they make money ?
Do they have a charge for the companies that sell their goods there ?
Is that it - besides selling their own products - which are minimal really
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes I've heard this too and saw how hard the staff work too on TV
I am curious about Amazon - how do they make money ?
Do they have a charge for the companies that sell their goods there ?
Is that it - besides selling their own products - which are minimal really
Well some must be down to selling large quantities, and i think they have a flexible attitude to tax, they act as a clearing house for other companies which benefit from search engines, and it makes my shopping for the type of goods easier as the high street no longer carries the kind of shops i used to go too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Well some must be down to selling large quantities, and i think they have a flexible attitude to tax, they act as a clearing house for other companies which benefit from search engines, and it makes my shopping for the type of goods easier as the high street no longer carries the kind of shops i used to go too.

Same here
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes have to say Amazon are actually pretty good only worry I have is hearing their staff may not be being treated well.
That's a real shame about the staff but maybe the publicity will have an effect.

I always feel safe when ordering from Amazon.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top