Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:06 AM

Guest ?

As most of you know I am new here, so I am still exploring this site. I was checking to see who was online and there seems to me more so called " Guest" than anything else. Who are these Guest ? Are they like unwanted people that go to a party ? And why are they defined as a Guest ? Is it a brief visit and what is a Guest afraid of ? Should I worry about the secrecy of a Guest ? What is the Guest here trying to hide or take for that matter ?

An inquiring mind wants to know....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:12 AM

Re: Guest ?

Hi Rodolfo many of the 'guests' are spiders and bots not real people.
I understand some of them belong to Google and are part of the page indexing process.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:18 AM

Spiders ? A indexing process and not real ? That sounds quite sinister. I guess members beware..

Thank you for your information. I will try to be extra careful with these Guests
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:24 AM

Yes, spiders are a worry but I think snakes are just as dangerous. Are there any venomous snakes in Florida?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:25 AM

I wonder if any site owner would be so daring as to change the word 'Guest' for the words, 'Nosey Lurker'!! Or just plain, 'Lurker'!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:30 AM

This Guest is always welcome at my house Rodolfo, Mr. Sandeman.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

17-12-2015, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Yes, spiders are a worry but I think snakes are just as dangerous. Are there any venomous snakes in Florida?
That is a very good question and I appreciate your interest in my part of the world. When I was a young man living here in Miami the only snakes one would encounter were the green garden type snakes. Over the years many reptile stores have opened up. People buy all types of snakes to take home with them. What has happened is the so called snake lover gets tired of the snake and lets it go. We now have a over population in our city of Boas who at night sometimes attack cats and other small animals. To try to control the overwhelming snake population a bounty has been put on the Boas. Those who bring in a dead Boa gets compensated monetarily
eyes_of_a_painter
n

17-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I wonder if any site owner would be so daring as to change the word 'Guest' for the words, 'Nosey Lurker'!! Or just plain, 'Lurker'!!
How about we define a Guest as a Peeping Tom ? Sounds more appropiate to me
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
How about we define a Guest as a Peeping Tom ? Sounds more appropiate to me

Why does an interested reader that visits any Forum or site need a label or be defined by a word !
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:45 AM

A guest might just be.............a guest.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top