Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 05:21 PM

What's this talk about obesity?

We have spent several days shopping for size 12-14 clothes for Mrs.G and our daughter. No chance Plenty of sizes up to 10 and from 16 up, but virtually nothing in the 12-14 range.

The obvious answer is that 12-14 is the most common size for women and this is what sells out fastest. So what's all this talk about obesity
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 07:21 PM

Re: What's this talk about obesity?

Retailers have a myriad ways to control their stockholdings in line with demand.

Gordon Selfridge penned the mantra, still referred to today in hushed tones. In awe still after 100 years.

It goes as follows

THE RIGHT GOODS, IN THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME, IN THE RIGHT QUANTITY & AT THE RIGHT PRICE

Simples ennit? FAT chance of many of them getting it right
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 08:09 PM

I dont know where youre shopping GW but where i live the first sizes to sell out are the 16 plus ones and all thats left are the 12 to 14 ....cant get a size 16 to 18 for love or money...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:47 PM

M&S do my head in GW, whenever I find a jumper or shirt I like all the small ones have gone, so either they didn't order many small sizes (38 chest) or they are the most popular sizes and are soon sold out. There are always plenty of large, extra large and even more extra extra large. I think you must be right GW it appears there are not as many obese people about as the media would have us believe.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top