Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 09:13 AM

Chronic Leukemia

My sister's husband who is 63 has just been diagnosed with Chronic Leukemia. They live in Spain and he's now been admitted into hospital for treatment.
Can anyone tell me about this type of Leukemia? I have googled it but l am sure it only tells you the worst scenario.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 09:28 AM

Re: Chronic Leukemia

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My sister's husband who is 63 has just been diagnosed with Chronic Leukemia. They live in Spain and he's now been admitted into hospital for treatment.
Can anyone tell me about this type of Leukemia? I have googled it but l am sure it only tells you the worst scenario.

My B-i-L has Leukemia - has had it for some years, and has, from time to time have to have blood plasma and chemo-therapy treatments. Leukemia is no longer the 'death sentence' it used to be many years ago - people are, with a little adaptation to their life-styles able to live fairly long lives.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Hi

Depends on which type of Chronic Leukaemia it is Art, there are two.

Sorry about your bad news.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Depends on which type of Chronic Leukaemia it is Art, there are two.

Sorry about your bad news.
Swimmy, l thought the difference was between Chronic and Acute Leukemia. Acute being the worst?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Sorry to hear your news arti, as has been said many of these blood cancers are not a death sentence these days but you'd need more details to know.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
My B-i-L has Leukemia - has had it for some years, and has, from time to time have to have blood plasma and chemo-therapy treatments. Leukemia is no longer the 'death sentence' it used to be many years ago - people are, with a little adaptation to their life-styles able to live fairly long lives.
UJ, Apparently, he's had the symptoms for a few years, sweating a lot, tiredness, painful joints but as he hadn't lost weight, he didn't think it was anything bad. He did go to the doctors once about it but nothing was done. I suppose not speaking much Spanish didn't help.
His neck is very swollen and they are draining it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Hi

Nope, there are two types of Chronic.

Lymphocytic and myeloid, you need to find out which one first Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, there are two types of Chronic.

Lymphocytic and myeloid, you need to find out which one first Art.
Swimmy, It's to do with his bone marrow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 11:23 AM

Art, is that the same as multiple myeloma, that is all in the bone marrow too. My Mum had that for 7 years before she died.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Hi

Both of the types of Chronic Leukaemia I mentioned have to do with the bone marrow Art.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top