Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 07:17 PM

Are Ex-Pats Going To Get Their Covid-19 Vaccinations?

My sister lives in Spain and she and her husband have had no notification as to when they will get their Covid-19 injections.
They are both in their 60’s and her husband has Leukaemia.
She thinks they won’t get their vaccine until all the Spanish people have had theirs.
This made me wonder about all the ex-pats living abroad. They must be a bit worried.

Should our government do something about the ex-pats receiving their vaccine, especially the ‘vulnerable’ ones? Or, is it a case of, once you move abroad, you’ve made your bed, now lie on it?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 07:33 PM

Re: Are Ex-Pats Going To Get Their Covid-19 Vaccinations?

What about having them contact the UK embassy in Spain? They might have guidance information.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What about having them contact the UK embassy in Spain? They might have guidance information.

SF, l did wonder that. I must suggest it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
... worth a try.

@art, Do they have private healthcare? Well it is possible they would be better off without it! In the public system, I'd have thought they'd get treated the same as the locals.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-01-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... worth a try.

@art, Do they have private healthcare? Well it is possible they would be better off without it! In the public system, I'd have thought they'd get treated the same as the locals.
d00d, No they don’t have private healthcare but they don’t have to pay for any medical treatments.

I just wondered, generally if all ex-pats will get their vaccination like they would in the U.K. or do they have to wait until last?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 08:14 PM

I don’t think Art I don’t think the Spanish would treat them any differently but they haven’t even got around to the older people yet as far as I know.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
d00d, No they don’t have private healthcare but they don’t have to pay for any medical treatments.

I just wondered, generally if all ex-pats will get their vaccination like they would in the U.K. or do they have to wait until last?
They will get their vaccinations like the rest of Spain will.

She thinks they won’t get their vaccine until all the Spanish people have had theirs.
That would be highly irregular. I bet she didn't vote brexit.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Didn't they research how medical treatment in Spain would be effected by Brexit? Under EU rules, ex-pats were entitled to treatment but this is unlikely to apply after Brexit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 10:34 PM

I shall get my shot the same as any other Australian resident in the over 65 group (after healthcare and other frontline workers) when it becomes available.

Don't you worry about that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 11:50 PM

I thought British immigrants into the EU would be treated the same as EU immigrants into the Uk. Some friends have had to apply for citizenship or else end up stateless. Not sure how that works in Spain but there will be no certainty after Brexit as different countries will have different rules particularly when it comes to free healthcare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top