Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 02:26 PM

Hmmm - yet another Government 'u' turn!!!

Seems the scumbag 'nasty party' haven't got a clue how to run the DWP, let alone any other government department.

Firstly we had David Cameron, George Osborne and Theresa May saying it was good policy to exclude 18-22 yr olds from Housing Benefit because it would (a) save money (b) force those 18 - 22 yr olds to stay at home, irrespective of how broken the relationship between parents and children had become.

Now, we have Esther McVey reversing that policy and allowing these youngsters access to Housingn Benefit.

Proves they're incapable of running a train on a toy train set!!!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b06409775d8e7c
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 02:44 PM

Re: Hmmm - yet another Government 'u' turn!!!

Madness isn't it, IMO at 16 a child becomes an adult it's not on to assume they can stay at home.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 02:52 PM

It seems madness to castigate a government policy then castigate the government for reversing it.... personally I think it's a good thing to realise a mistake then try to put it right, rather than sticking with it out of pride or dogmatism.....
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It seems madness to castigate a government policy then castigate the government for reversing it.... personally I think it's a good thing to realise a mistake then try to put it right, rather than sticking with it out of pride or dogmatism.....
Better not to make such stupid, obvious mistakes in the first place. And they should be apologising for all the worry and stress they've caused with their "mistake".

But it wasn't really a "mistake" was it? Just the Tory ideology of putting the boot into the poor made into policy.

They try throw out these brutal policies to see how much they can get away with, then if it's too unpopular, they back down. It's that cynical and manipulative attitude they deserve to be castigate for. They certainly don't deserve any praise for proposing something so appalling in the first place, then backing down.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Better not to make such stupid, obvious mistakes in the first place. And they should be apologising for all the worry and stress they've caused with their "mistake".

But it wasn't really a "mistake" was it? Just the Tory ideology of putting the boot into the poor made into policy.

They try throw out these brutal policies to see how much they can get away with, then if it's too unpopular, they back down. It's that cynical and manipulative attitude they deserve to be castigate for. They certainly don't deserve any praise for proposing something so appalling in the first place, then backing down.
That sums it up nicely. The Toxic Tories are NOT to be trusted at all. If they can screw you over.....They Will..
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:34 PM

All though I have to say I am not happy with May and her leadership so far on Brexit.
But I do believe this to be a step in the right direction.
The youth of Britain have all been brainwashed into believing Labour are the party to vote for because of all the lies or should I say false promises of Corbyn & Co.
If Conservatives want to win the next GE with the youth of Britain voting for them then they have to start somewhere and this is it.
I hope that there will be a few more policy changes in the coming future so that the younger generation start to realise that Labour are not their only hope.
Also what I would like to see from Conservatives is a more futuristic plan on just what direction the country will be heading in.
Once we leave the EU in a years time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
When this government started doing these about turns I said the same Barry but it's become a farce now, they can't seem to make a decent decision to save their lives, just flip flop from one way to another. Usually after a death or so much misery it can never be put properly right.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 04:15 PM

O dear O dear O f*** dear

The Tories have reversed a so called reform introduce years ago which was wrong.

And have repealed it

And all you snowflakes do is to take them to task over it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
O dear O dear O f*** dear

The Tories have reversed a so called reform introduce years ago which was wrong.

And have repealed it

And all you snowflakes do is to take them to task over it.

Shows you just how bloody untrustworthy the scumbag 'nasty party' really are - total sh*ts!!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Shows you just how bloody untrustworthy the scumbag 'nasty party' really are - total sh*ts!!!
The Labour party isn't doing very well at the moment, Corbyn's neck is on the line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top