Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:38 PM

Re: Will you be watching Eurovision Song Contest

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not sure what happened to ours it wasn't sung well, had old fashioned light show that made the dancers and singer look pregnant and was just not what we were promised from the original showings of it
I don't think we deserved much more than 5 points on the night.
Julie I so agree!
The link I watched (on here) was so different from the performance at the contest it was ridiculous.
I actually felt I'd been conned.
The girl wasn't even dressed or made up in the same way and the entire performance was lacking in the style and energy we'd been lead to expect, it was rubbish.
So disappointing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:48 PM

Yay my song won I loved the Swedish entry and the light show was fantastic. Not sure what happened to ours it wasn't sung well, had old fashioned light show that made the dancers and singer look pregnant and was just not what we were promised from the original showings of it
:

I also thought she looked pregnant Julie. Wasn't she?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I also thought she looked pregnant Julie. Wasn't she?
Not from what they said it seems to have been her light pack, the others had bulges too.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I like UK's this year. It's catchy I may even watch it.

https://youtu.be/s6r1tUhl1cQ
No not really. The grass is starting to grow down here. I might keep an eye on that whilst I'm listening to my favorite tracks.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:03 PM

Yay my song won I loved the Swedish entry and the light show was fantastic. Not sure what happened to ours it wasn't sung well, had old fashioned light show that made the dancers and singer look pregnant and was just not what we were promised from the original showings of it
Liked Italy's singing and Israel's dancing and Belgium was brave and very young and interesting.

Only dish on the night (we cook from as many countries as we can) that didn't work was Moldovan stuffed cabbage leaves - yuk !

Grace wanted to stay up and as it's a school holiday was said just this once but she was carried to bed fast asleep during Australia's offering not a comment on the song I think just too used to a proper bed time
Glad you had such a lovely time Julie, I agree on your comments regarding the songs. There were some good ones.

I don't know what went wrong with ours as the song itself isnt bad at all, I think that other countries had a much better stage production and there was much more impact.
The dancing to go along with the song was rubbish and it could have been really good with the style of song but they relied on their costumes lighting up for impact and really that was lost in the dramatic setting.
A bad performance that didn't really deserve many votes.

The plunging nech lines are very popular as you said, prob not much chance of a wardrobe malfunction as with boob tape used to keep them in place.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:45 PM

I thought the UK song and singers were awful, they want someone like Adele, Coldplay. One Direction would probably do it - although I hate to say it!

I love the Sweden winning song so much I've downloaded it from a site, the guy singing it is really hot as well even though I think he is gay
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:30 PM

I am not sure he is as he has got into trouble on line with something he said that was seen to be homophobic. I am not sure he meant it as people have taken it though.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 05:06 PM

I am not sure he is as he has got into trouble on line with something he said that was seen to be homophobic. I am not sure he meant it as people have taken it though.
I read that as well Julie but on Wikepaedia he said it wouldn't stop him dating another man
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I read that as well Julie but on Wikepaedia he said it wouldn't stop him dating another man
Must be true then
Alicat
West Berkshire

04-06-2015, 05:14 PM

The winner is about 7 or 11 in our official music charts

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top