Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Re: RSPCA radical wants pets "phased out"

Yes, it does actually Julie. Thanks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 02:06 PM

No problem Mups I just know I felt relief when the boys offered I didn't have to ask even.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I thought hard about `what would happen` Given my past lifestyle I may not be around long enough to take on another cat.

If you really wanted to OG, I'm sure there must be many older cats in rescues that long for a warm bed and a lap to sit on in their dotage. You could be doing one of them a good turn?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 03:29 PM

I wouldn't mind a warm bed and a lap to sit on in MY dotage.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-05-2015, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I wouldn't mind a warm bed and a lap to sit on in MY dotage.

If you look unloved, undernourished, and practice purring loudly when stroked, I'm sure OG would adopt you.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:38 AM

My wife used to give a monthly donation to the RSPCA for years from her pay before stoppages.

All they ever did was bombard her with more begging letters!

I've looked up a lot on the RSPCA and, like many charities these days, I no longer give.

To me, coming up with "you have to pay the going rate" for the blatantly obscene salaries and perks they pay their "Execs" is reason enough NOT to support them.

We do support Cancer Research even though, 2 years ago, they had £130Million on wages, 154 execs on £60k to £230,000 per annum, spent £150 million on land and buildings and bought shares in non research organisations too.
It is the only one we support now, apart from The British Legion, (Poppys) and SSAFA but that may change when I retire. stevmk2
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
er with more begging letters!

I've looked up a lot on the RSPCA and, like many charities these days, I no longer give.

To me, coming up with "you have to pay the going rate" for the blatantly obscene salaries and perks they pay their "Execs" is reason enough NOT to support them.
too.
This is how I've thought for many years and my local Vet does not suport the RSPCA ... unsure why but it alarm bells sounded when I realised.
As with many of these huge organisations, I understand that the vast resources at hand are misused and the people down the chain, working their socks off and having sleepless nights worrying about their çlients, are the ones who suffer.
The dosh does not filter down to where it's needed.

Please excuse oddities ... keyboard does not necessarily type the symbols I intend.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
This is how I've thought for many years and my local Vet does not suport the RSPCA ... unsure why but it alarm bells sounded when I realised.
As with many of these huge organisations, I understand that the vast resources at hand are misused and the people down the chain, working their socks off and having sleepless nights worrying about their çlients, are the ones who suffer.
The dosh does not filter down to where it's needed.
That's it in a nutshell Rachel and probables describes it best for many people.
I work for a charity.......................................stev mk2

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top