Join for free
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 12:31 PM

Thorium?

This is worth watching.

Wondering how we can power a moon community? Apparently thorium could well be the answer, which is to found in abundance on the earth. We have far more than we will ever need.

This is fascinating stuff ...

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 12:44 PM

Re: Thorium?

Wow, that was incredible. It made me wonder why we ended up with inefficient water-cooled reactors when this technology was known about in the 50's. I wonder if it was a VHS/Betamax kind of thing and we ended up with the crappy reactor systems instead of the fluoride salts reactor systems. Thorium sounds even better!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Wow, that was incredible. It made me wonder why we ended up with inefficient water-cooled reactors when this technology was known about in the 50's. I wonder if it was a VHS/Betamax kind of thing and we ended up with the crappy reactor systems instead of the fluoride salts reactor systems. Thorium sounds even better!
It seems the choice of energy creating systems we use (or could use) isn't as you would expect but governed by lots of social pressures, especially those of current energy suppliers and producers.

It appears loads of alternative energy creating methods that would jeopardize the dosh being made by certain big concerns are bought up and mothballed, or crushed out of existence one way or another by them. Not saying this is the case with thorium reactors as it looks to me like they will be used eventually.

At this moment in time the focus is on renewable energy but maybe more emphasis should be given to thorium reactors instead.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
It appears loads of alternative energy creating methods that would jeopardize the dosh being made by certain big concerns are bought up and mothballed, or crushed out of existence one way or another by them.
Nice to see someone else understands how the powers that be are working. You can bet your bottom dollar that free energy already exists and is carefully guarded by the elite. Keeping the populous using archaic fossil fuels and keeping the price of renewable energy artificially high gives them what they want . . . which is control. Not money, for they already have unlimited wealth. What they need is to be able to control the masses, keep them working, not thinking, so that there is no revolution and so the elite can continue being . . the elite.

Everything is stacked against the "little man" being self-sufficient and free from fossil fuels. I could build myself my own solar panels from lots of individual cells, soldering them all together etc. But I would not be able to connect them to the Grid due to all manner of legislative quality controls. My house insurance would be compromised as a duff home job could cause a fire etc etc.

Energy supply is control and the elite won't be giving up that control any time soon.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-05-2015, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Nice to see someone else understands how the powers that be are working. You can bet your bottom dollar that free energy already exists and is carefully guarded by the elite. Keeping the populous using archaic fossil fuels and keeping the price of renewable energy artificially high gives them what they want . . . which is control. Not money, for they already have unlimited wealth. What they need is to be able to control the masses, keep them working, not thinking, so that there is no revolution and so the elite can continue being . . the elite.

Everything is stacked against the "little man" being self-sufficient and free from fossil fuels. I could build myself my own solar panels from lots of individual cells, soldering them all together etc. But I would not be able to connect them to the Grid due to all manner of legislative quality controls. My house insurance would be compromised as a duff home job could cause a fire etc etc.

Energy supply is control and the elite won't be giving up that control any time soon.
I've joined the paranoia club .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top