Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Wilko

Just finished - well almost finished tarting-up the kitchen, paint-wise so I thought I'd mention the paint used and brushes.

We got Brilliant white Matt Emulsion and Brilliant White No-Drip Gloss from Wilkinsons plus some cheap but rather good brushes and we are very impressed with the paint.

A lot of people say that emulsion's all the same but at work we used expensive Dulux stuff which is, never the less, very good but we've found that it doesn't store well, despite being in a perfect storage point.

This Wilko Emulsion's been out in the shed all Winter but it goes on a treat and didn't need that much stirring before use.

I've done three small room ceilings today with one 2.5litre can and there's still some left and the Gloss is very good too - that's a 1litre can that we've had for a while too now and it's now done four door frames and architraves plus 5 sills and some skirting.

I bought another three-pack of brushes too and I find them pretty good with very little irritating losses whilst painting - I hate that 'cos you always spot one when the thing's dry don't you?!

Anyway, if it helps, try Wilkos. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 03:32 PM

Re: Wilko

I find Wilco good for some things Steve haven't tried their paint but have used their brushes which were ok.

As I find decoration so labour intensive and not something I want to repeat too often when I do decorate it has to last so I am now going to stick to my tried and tested waterbased satinwood which stays white and crown emulsion which is really thick and doesn't spray all over the place on the roller
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I find Wilco good for some things Steve haven't tried their paint but have used their brushes which were ok.

As I find decoration so labour intensive and not something I want to repeat too often when I do decorate it has to last so I am now going to stick to my tried and tested waterbased satinwood which stays white and crown emulsion which is really thick and doesn't spray all over the place on the roller
My normal choice was always Crown Paints Meg but this Wilco White Gloss is as good in my opinion as Crown - dunno about emulsion though 'cos I've always used Trade before on recommendations of people in-the-know. stevmk2
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 09:49 AM

Tool Station stock some good paints - if you have an outlet nearby - their white emulsion is good, but stinks a bit....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top