Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Re: Proactive, Reactive.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Last year I made the transition to Proactive (Flora) from Butter (Anchor) if that's any help Paul
You're on the ball today Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You're on the ball today Mags.
Blame Spitty, Jem ... he makes my brain work harder
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:32 PM

I have to admit this latest brain dazzler I find very tough to decipher, I think it's about Pro's and Con's.

I'm always protective about anything radioactive. I even hate being x-rayed and I'm also anti nuclear power. Last week a fella came around to the house with a geiger counter saying there was a swarm of bees crossed the Irish Sea from Sellafield, they were highly radioactive and had set up hives in our area, mass evacuations were a strong possibility, he said that if a person got stung by one of the bees they were a goner for sure, I'm not taking any chances so I ordered one of those protective suits they used in Japan after the big leak there, they're going cheap on ebay, it's safety first with me every time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have to admit this latest brain dazzler I find very tough to decipher, I think it's about Pro's and Con's.

I'm always protective about anything radioactive. I even hate being x-rayed and I'm also anti nuclear power. Last week a fella came around to the house with a geiger counter saying there was a swarm of bees crossed the Irish Sea from Sellafield, they were highly radioactive and had set up hives in our area, mass evacuations were a strong possibility, he said that if a person got stung by one of the bees they were a goner for sure, I'm not taking any chances so I ordered one of those protective suits they used in Japan after the big leak there, they're going cheap on ebay, it's safety first with me every time.
You can't bee too careful Jem....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 03:53 PM

Simples really, because Computer life/Forum Life/Real Life, all seem to mirror each other, proactive could suggest that one is in a phase of creativity in any of the above formats, reactive could suggest, one has taken a back seat in all of the above, and merely reacts to what others produce.
On the internet, and Forums, it is possible to retrace and quantify ones own proactive and reactive phases, in real life you usually need a second opinion from someone close.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 06:36 PM

I think radioactive bees should be encouraged-their honey makes me glow.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

22-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Simples really, because Computer life/Forum Life/Real Life, all seem to mirror each other, proactive could suggest that one is in a phase of creativity in any of the above formats, reactive could suggest, one has taken a back seat in all of the above, and merely reacts to what others produce.
On the internet, and Forums, it is possible to retrace and quantify ones own proactive and reactive phases, in real life you usually need a second opinion from someone close.
Thanks for explaining that Spitty, I’m beginning to see the light now, maybe.
I think I’m in both camps, I’m proactive and reactive at the same time, sort of like an egg in a Ducks belly. If something comes into my mind I will say it, providing it doesn’t offend anyone, and if someone says something I’m interested in I will react in a polite manner, providing they are not offending me. This could all happen in the same time frame. I also like to take the back seat, far safer when the missiles start flying.
I suppose the whole thing boils down to trying not to say something you might be sorry for later, thread softly, but be yourself at all times and you will eventually be seen for what you really are, it all comes out in the wash as someone recently said.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 09:51 PM

I am rarely proactive on forums. By the time I have read the topics it's time for bed! I am occasionally reactive when I get tired of hearing/reading the usual ill informed bigotry that raises it's head from time to time.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:08 PM

Think SWAN Spitty,

Above the water line the swan exists in a graceful, contemplative style & rules the waves* viz Proactive.

Now ,we all know that under the water line the Royal bird is paddling furiously viz Reactive.

Its a bit like the difference between involvement & commitment so cleverly described by "Stormin Norman
(aka Norman Schwarzkopf of Gulf War fame)

"To understand the difference between commitment and involvement you need look no further than your egg and bacon breakfast. The chicken has involvement but the pig has commitment.

I love the ads for the cruise ship BRITTANIA

"Brittania Waives the Rules.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you made the transition from Proactive to reactive, if so, why is this?
Perhaps it's better the other way round. Have you made the transition from reactive to proactive? I can answer that way better.

I try not to be reactive because it can have unexpected consequences (but like most of us I struggle). I usually try to sit back and think before taking any action. Then having thought I make a conscious decision to either act in a proactive way or not to do anything at all.sometimes I surprise myself though and become reactive. How reactive I get depends on how much I am bothered and this makes a difference to the overall outcome. Either way by not being reactive I have made a decision which I have attempted to be calculated about, rather than being unthinking, hasty and reacting without any thought. That keeps me in the driving seat of my emotions, gives me some control and gives me choices instead of being blindly driven and reacting without thought. Also there is then more likelihood of being able to be proactive in a positive way rather than a negative way and influencing an outome. I am still trying to make the complete transition. Get my drift

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top