Join for free
Page 49 of 58 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The Lord moves in mysterious ways Jem.
He sure does Robert.
But you do have to ask yourself what the hell are we doing here in the first place, nobody asked to be here yet nobody wants to leave. It would not make the slightest bit of difference if we became extinct like so many other animals before us, why do we always assume it will never happen to us? what's so special about us anyway?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
unfortunately the reduction of children per family spells death for the country. the international prediction is : if in general families in a country have less than 2.2 - ie 2 adults and 2 children then the nation will be in decline because it is not the elderly that will maintain the country but the young to come on. several well known politicians have suggested this theory - one in particular was our former treasurer Costello and he supported this by giving women more money for having more children. The future lies with the next generation not the present or past
Are these the same politicians that predicted if we let hundreds of thousands of immigrants to come and live and work here in our green and pleasant land we would make loads of money and live happily ever after. They didn't realise that we would have to feed them, provide them with electricity, gas, housing, benefits, extra capacity in our health service and schools etc which I don't think will be recovered by the extra tax on their salaries considering that most of them don't earn enough to pay tax, thereby undercutting the indigenous work force.

I don't think these politicians know their ar*e from their elbow, but they do know how to massage statistics to their advantage...
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 09:53 PM

OGF-from reading that,anyone'd think Cameron and his 'bestie' B Johnson Esq,were pampered sons of millionaires who had all the advantages,like attending public schools and expensive universities,rather than work among the very population they so desperately wanted to subjuga...er...I mean,SERVE [oops] as dustmen or roadsweepers for a couple of years minimum BEFORE being allowed to stand for parliament! I suppose next,you'll be saying they should be expelled from parliament for not thrashing the butler hard enough! SHAME on you!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
He sure does Robert.
But you do have to ask yourself what the hell are we doing here in the first place, nobody asked to be here yet nobody wants to leave. It would not make the slightest bit of difference if we became extinct like so many other animals before us, why do we always assume it will never happen to us? what's so special about us anyway?
Aaah, creation or Darwinism . I favour the third way

"The Gaia hypothesis, also known as Gaia theory or Gaia principle, proposes that organisms interact with their inorganic surroundings on Earth to form a self-regulating, complex system that contributes to maintaining the conditions for life on the planet. Topics of interest include how the biosphere and the evolution of life forms affect the stability of global temperature, ocean salinity, oxygen in the atmosphere and other environmental variables that affect the habitability of Earth"

WIKI.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 11:51 PM

erhm ? OK!

Random acts of kindess next!

whilst out dog walking on the links yesterday in search of the running apparition with wobbly bottoms, I realized that I had left on my reading glasses, so promptly popped them in my trouser pocket with the crunched up do lead - YES you can all guess - on leaving the links I pulled out the dog lead and did not hear my specs hit the ground.

to cut a long story short I returned to those same links today and behold there were my specs hanging on the wire fencing where I enter the links. someone had spotted them and as they do in these parts hung them up on the fence - they sometimes do it to the metal/plastic hub covers that fly off car wheels - you can see them hanging there like xmas barbles in the trees!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 12:09 AM

Are these the same politicians that predicted if we let hundreds of thousands of immigrants to come and live and work here in our green and pleasant land we would make loads of money and live happily ever after. They didn't realise that we would have to feed them, provide them with electricity, gas, housing, benefits, extra capacity in our health service and schools etc which I don't think will be recovered by the extra tax on their salaries considering that most of them don't earn enough to pay tax, thereby undercutting the indigenous work force.

I don't think these politicians know their ar*e from their elbow, but they do know how to massage statistics to their advantage...
if you visit the hinterlands of Spain or Italy for example you will find "dying" villages and towns - why - because now the birth rate figure is 2.2 or less and the young have left the villages where they say there is no life or services - why are these villages dying - NOT because the elderly are leaving it's because of the young with their 1-2 child families - my dearly beloved deceased brother purchased a very cheap house in Spain in one such village - what was now sustaining his village were foreigners buying up cheap properties - the argument is not one of politicians - who are their own play things but a scientific reality

Although recent data show that birth rates in the UK have increased (Office of National Statistics, 2009), this is predominantly due to immigration so there are still serious concerns about long term replacement¬¬. There are two potential means of ¬addressing the problem of providing a young productive¬¬ workforce able to generate income to ¬provide the social care for the old and infirm.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4255510/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=gumbud;656150]if you visit the hinterlands of Spain or Italy for example you will find "dying" villages and towns - why - because now the birth rate figure is 2.2 or less and the young have left the villages where they say there is no life or services - why are these villages dying - NOT because the elderly are leaving it's because of the young with their 1-2 child families - my dearly beloved deceased brother purchased a very cheap house in Spain in one such village - what was now sustaining his village were foreigners buying up cheap properties - the argument is not one of politicians - who are their own play things but a scientific reality

Morning Gumbud,
I don't think the villages dying has got anything to do with the population explosion.
I believe it's down to globalisation.

Lets look at how they survived thus far: They occupied their villages and lived off the land, farming, fishing, cattle ranching, they would produce textiles and perhaps have a blacksmith or equivalent. They would produce their own wines and the artistically gifted would create arts and crafts for sale to visitors. Children would grow up and knowledge and skills would be passed on to them to continue in the life they are accustomed.
They would very rarely leave the village.

So what happened: Globalisation and the EU.
Why grow crops when you can buy them from the supermarket at half the price.
They can be produced elsewhere in the world on a massive industrial scale, or some tycoon buys up all the small farms and amalgamates them into a supersised monopoly.
So that's the farming gone. Meat can be shipped halfway round the world for a fraction of the price of homegrown meat.
Small vinyards are no longer competetive with the globally produced suppliers.
Machines have replaced animals in working the land and spare parts are readily available from the nearest stockist. That's the Blacksmith out of work.
With no work in the area there's no money to raise a family or buy a house.
Tourism takes over the attractive villages along the coast, but with no locals earning enough locally to buy a house, the only people who can buy them are the old folks who have retired and are keen to invest their nest eggs in a quiet little village that has no work for it's young people.

So all the young have gone off to find work in other parts of the EU, and the village becomes a 'Gods Waiting Room' for the retirees. It's called progress.....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-05-2015, 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;656266]
if you visit the hinterlands of Spain or Italy for example you will find "dying" villages and towns - why - because now the birth rate figure is 2.2 or less and the young have left the villages where they say there is no life or services - why are these villages dying - NOT because the elderly are leaving it's because of the young with their 1-2 child families - my dearly beloved deceased brother purchased a very cheap house in Spain in one such village - what was now sustaining his village were foreigners buying up cheap properties - the argument is not one of politicians - who are their own play things but a scientific reality

Morning Gumbud,
I don't think the villages dying has got anything to do with the population explosion.
I believe it's down to globalisation.

Lets look at how they survived thus far: They occupied their villages and lived off the land, farming, fishing, cattle ranching, they would produce textiles and perhaps have a blacksmith or equivalent. They would produce their own wines and the artistically gifted would create arts and crafts for sale to visitors. Children would grow up and knowledge and skills would be passed on to them to continue in the life they are accustomed.
They would very rarely leave the village.

So what happened: Globalisation and the EU.
Why grow crops when you can buy them from the supermarket at half the price.
They can be produced elsewhere in the world on a massive industrial scale, or some tycoon buys up all the small farms and amalgamates them into a supersised monopoly.
So that's the farming gone. Meat can be shipped halfway round the world for a fraction of the price of homegrown meat.
Small vinyards are no longer competetive with the globally produced suppliers.
Machines have replaced animals in working the land and spare parts are readily available from the nearest stockist. That's the Blacksmith out of work.
With no work in the area there's no money to raise a family or buy a house.
Tourism takes over the attractive villages along the coast, but with no locals earning enough locally to buy a house, the only people who can buy them are the old folks who have retired and are keen to invest their nest eggs in a quiet little village that has no work for it's young people.

So all the young have gone off to find work in other parts of the EU, and the village becomes a 'Gods Waiting Room' for the retirees. It's called progress.....
you ignored one essential fact in your usual ramblings - the young people of non-Islamic faith around the world are producing less children - get it? you should in fact be grafeful for the larger Islam families they will help England survive and i would suggest that you start learning Irdu or some other Asian lingo
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-05-2015, 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=gumbud;656285]
[I]

you ignored one essential fact in your usual ramblings - the young people of non-Islamic faith around the world are producing less children - get it? you should in fact be grafeful for the larger Islam families they will help England survive and i would suggest that you start learning Irdu or some other Asian lingo
We all must take responsibility for the overpopulation, regardless of religion, we all share the same planet. The only humane way of reducing population is to prevent new additions [birth control] some previous occupants have tried alternative methods with disasterous results.

Yes, for the present there will be more older people than younger ones, this is a consequence of the action and must be endured, but as the elderly pass on, there will be less replacements and eventually the population will have decreased. It will take a generation for this to happen.

Or we can go on churning out kids to 'Help England Survive' but you can't buy your way out of the problems facing us in the future. And just for the record, what is wrong with the Islam faith? Muslims have greatly contributed to Britain over the years, the majority want the same things as you or I and are welcome here, same as any other religion. It's more about numbers than faiths.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:11 PM

Play nicely chums, or I'll take my ball back...........

Page 49 of 58 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top