Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 10:35 PM

Is it just me ? (Quadruplets news item)

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/germa...ruplets-765467 I think this is grotesque.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 10:37 PM

Re: Is it just me ? (Quadruplets news item)

This is sick, why would you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 11:02 PM

I don't agree with it at all. I'm afraid I'm rather cynical, and suspect there is money involved somewhere along the line.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 11:35 PM

The woman is not much younger than I am and after a day with one grandchild I am shattered

I am sad for the children, I am sure the woman won't have the energy to devote to the children that a young woman has , that is why our bodies are designed to stop producing children in midlife.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 12:16 AM

It says artificial insemination, which means donor sperm - but I don't understand if they were her own eggs or donor eggs.
Surely they couldn't be her own - there would be too high a risk of damaged babies with old woman eggs!

OMG there are some crazy people in the world - she must be out of her mind!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 06:32 AM

I commented about this a while back.. I think its slighlty obscene.

The body goes through menopause for a reason. Its a way of saying no more babies.

When we talk about resources and overcrowding I have to look at people like this and think its greed.Putting all those extra mouths on the planet. Its not fair to the child and its not fair to the other people in society who will ultimatly bear the burden of raising them..Because mum isnt going to be able to do it for much longer is she?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 09:53 AM

It seems to me this is not why IVF was invented we have young couples unable to get IVF and this lady (who needs mental help IMO) is just getting it on demand.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:05 AM

This feels like a prime example of the old maxim
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:17 AM

I read about this woman some weeks ago and quite frankly I´m amazed that any doctor would even consider letting this woman do this, I can only think that it could be for money. Those babies will have a grandmother for their early lives and it is more than likely that they will lose her before they are even teenagers. The children she already has are going to become carers whether they want to or not. It should never have been allowed, it is quite simply downright wrong.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It says artificial insemination, which means donor sperm - but I don't understand if they were her own eggs or donor eggs.
Surely they couldn't be her own - there would be too high a risk of damaged babies with old woman eggs!

OMG there are some crazy people in the world - she must be out of her mind!

I wondered the same Carol. It was a bit vague about that in the article I read.
I'm not medically trained, but I can't imagine she would still have viable eggs left after the menopause.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top