Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 03:50 PM

Re: Compliments

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Meg, that must have been lovely.
It was Mups and made me quite tearful as Arthur was dying.

In the same nursing home (beautifully run and with magnificent views) we changed the bed yet again for a lovely lady with terrible symptoms who was going to die shortly and she apologised for 'making a mess'. I told her nonsense that is why we are here and sat to chat to her for a moment. Reaching out she took my hand and whispered 'I know there are angels now' I had difficulty holding back the tears
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

In the same nursing home (beautifully run and with magnificent views) we changed the bed yet again for a lovely lady with terrible symptoms who was going to die shortly and she apologised for 'making a mess'. I told her nonsense that is why we are here and sat to chat to her for a moment. Reaching out she took my hand and whispered 'I know there are angels now' I had difficulty holding back the tears

Goodness me Meg, I'd have dissolved, I know I would.
Bless their old hearts ey.

I helped looked after an old chap, Charlie, of 101 and I cried buckets when he died. I loved him like my own Grandad.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Aww, I bet that is still true mart.
Nah - I'm sure I wouldn't be thought younger than I am anymore. Most I could say is that I've still got most of my hair and teeth ..and a good amount of energy I suppose.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha! Probably. My luck they were probably cross- dressers.
You jest young man

I am not a great fan of giving or receiving compliments. if I give one you can be sure it is genuinely meant.
I feel many compliments aren't sincerely meant and you can soon spot the ones which aren't because some people do it all the time even with people they barely know or haven't even met .

One of the nicest compliments I have had was while working in a nursing home as a night auxiliary night nurse . I popped my head around a patients door and asked him if he was ok. he replied 'I am now I have seen your face' .
Meg, I sometimes think even a look of gladness to see you, is a compliment. I do voluntry work with folks with dementia, they cannot always communicate, but, when I see their eyes light up - That is a heartfelt compliment in itself.

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
How kind, yes that is little me when I was at primary school.
How angelic Tara, I wanted to tell you ages ago, but, your PMs are off.

I bet you have a halo.

Originally Posted by mart ->
Nah - I'm sure I wouldn't be thought younger than I am anymore. Most I could say is that I've still got most of my hair and teeth ..and a good amount of energy I suppose.
It is sometimes a shining personality is what counts.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:17 PM

Thanks Sweetie pie. You're so nice to us all.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Speaking of compliments,SP....you don't sweat much for a fat bird!

Just thought I should mention it,in case you thought I hadn't noticed

[SEE? I'm getting the hang of this compliments thing!]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Thanks Sweetie pie. You're so nice to us all.
I only post the truth.

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Speaking of compliments,SP....you
don't sweat much for a fat bird!

Just thought I should mention it,in case you thought I hadn't noticed

[SEE? I'm getting the hang of this compliments thing!]
Oiy you!!!! You know full well that I am skinny. Like your tats.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Ah,yes,that's true....but I caught your attention-my day is complete.

#sigh#
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-05-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah,yes,that's true....but I caught your attention-my day is complete.

#sigh#
You mad fool. X
I'm just glad I have a lovely friend like you.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

27-05-2018, 04:57 PM

Hmm....questionable taste,milady.
After all,if I had a friend like moi....I'd emigrate. To Mars!

VERY quickly.

...however...one acknowledges the truth of ''no accounting for taste''...

S0-any chance of a game of kiss-chase?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top