Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 04:16 PM

Matrix film-maker Lilly Wachowski comes out as transgender

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a6920676.html

Lilly Wachowski, one half of the film-making siblings responsible for The Matrix franchise (the Wachowski Brothers, Larry and Andy) and films such as V for Vendetta, has discussed her decision to come out as a transgender woman in an essay denouncing gender binary as a “false idol”.

Lilly, formerly known as Andy, wrote an essay for Chicago’s Windy City Times after she was allegedly approached by a reporter from the Daily Mail who was aware of her transition, which she says effectively forced her hand.

Her sister and fellow film-maker Lana Wachowski came out as a transgender woman in 2012.
I didn't know either was transgender, so it's a bit of a surprise to me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 04:30 PM

Re: Matrix film-maker Lilly Wachowski comes out as transgender

I don't like how papers almost blackmail people over things like this she should have been allowed to come out in her own time.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 04:46 PM

as long as the films stay great it dont matter to me.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 04:56 PM

I am very tempted to say...So What ?
But in order to stay non-controversial I shall refrain.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 04:57 PM

I don't understand why 'she' should call binary gender as a 'false idol'. There is male and there is female .............but sometimes nature makes mistakes.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Good luck to her, hope she's happy and hope people allow her to be without prejudice.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I don't understand why 'she' should call binary gender as a 'false idol'. There is male and there is female .............but sometimes nature makes mistakes.
There are also some unfortunates we used to refer to as 'hermaphrodites' but are now classed as 'indeterminates'
They display the genitalia of both male and female and there are many more of those unfortunates than you can imagine.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 05:51 PM

I wonder what the chances are of that happening twice in the same family?

There's always been talk about a famous American actress being an hermaphrodite. She's never spoken about it but the rumours have always been there.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
There are also some unfortunates we used to refer to as 'hermaphrodites' but are now classed as 'indeterminates'
They display the genitalia of both male and female and there are many more of those unfortunates than you can imagine.
I'm not convinced they are "unfortunates" of nature. I suspect a new breed of humans is being/has been created. For what reason I do not know.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 06:30 PM

I know it is a deeply unfashionable position, but I tend to think that if an individual has male/female chromosomes and male/female sexual organs, but feels they belong to the opposite gender, then the problem is psychological not physical. The problem lies in their inability to cope with reality, and the solution does not lie in changing reality to reflect their fantasy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top