Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 09:15 PM

On the Buses

Just wanted to run this past people to get their opinion.

I was channel hopping this evening and there was the old episode of On the Buses.

I just caught this bit so no idea what was going on, but Olive was somewhere with 3 carry cots in front of her. She apparently thought the baby she was looking at was a girl and Reg Varney told her to put her glasses on as it was a boy. The camera then showed the little lad full frontal without his nappy showing his full regalia.

Just shows what was allowable in those days, I'm pretty sure present day TV wouldn't be able to do that (or perhaps deem it unacceptable) - am I wrong?

Edited
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 10:13 PM

Re: On the Buses

Apparently there are moves afoot to remake a lot of our old comedy's, but with a modern twist, so alf garnett will be a liberal bleeding heart type, Handcock and others are on the cards
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Apparently there are moves afoot to remake a lot of our old comedy's, but with a modern twist, so alf garnett will be a liberal bleeding heart type, Handcock and others are on the cards

Hancock Nom
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 10:43 PM

Maybe this wasn't viewed before it was shown on tv, they might have changed it for another episode?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Hancock Nom
Oh dear.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:09 AM

As I said on another thread, things have changed a lot, I mentioned "Tommy" by The Who, some songs on there were very iffy!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:24 AM

Can't see that it's any different from showing baby's bums on TV adverts for baby lotion and such like.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 08:23 AM

When you think about shows like, "Love Thy Neighbour", "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" etc. they wouldn't be made today, yet "American Dad" is, odd!
Should we be able to watch these old shows to remind us of how things have changed or bury them?
We had comedians making jokes about choir boys and clergy, that would be taboo now, why did we laugh at them?
If you say anything remotely derogatory nowadays you have to think whether someone is going to be offended (very likely) or are you even breaking the law.
Is this why people are so prepared to vent their spleen on social media, because it's the only place we can?
Deep thoughts for 7am!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 08:30 AM

More disturbing still is what was allowable in the name of so-called humour IMO.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Just wanted to run this past people to get their opinion.

I was channel hopping this evening and there was the old episode of On the Buses.

I just caught this bit so no idea what was going on, but Olive was somewhere with 3 carry cots in front of her. She apparently thought the baby she was looking at was a girl and Reg Varney told her to put her glasses on as it was a boy. The camera then showed the little lad full frontal without his nappy showing his full regalia.

Just shows what was allowable in those days, I'm pretty sure present day TV wouldn't be able to do that (or perhaps deem it unacceptable) - am I wrong?

Edited
It would be shown these days.

'Call the Midwife' shows the birth of babies, but their genitals are not on display.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top