Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 05:14 AM

What do you recommend?

I have downloaded the new series of Vera, Lucky Man is nearing its end as is the Night Manager, Better Call Saul series two is the only bright spot at the moment.

I have read that there is a new series of Happy Valley just starting but what series do you recommend as worth downloading that has gone to air recently?

BTW just watched The Dressmaker and enjoyed it no end, love Sarah Snook. If you haven't seen it then you must try.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 05:37 AM

Re: What do you recommend?

Really enjoyed The Dressmaker. Wouldn't mind reading the book.

I've never heard of Vera - ta for the heads up!
I'm behind on everything, so can't recommend anything new.
But this site might help....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoes.../#29b151ae5d9f
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 01:22 AM

Nothing? There are no serials or programs on TV in the UK you can recommend?

I don't believe it!

BTW Thanks for the web site LoveMyBoys unfortunately they want me to turn of my ad blocker before they let me in. I can't/won't do that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nothing? There are no serials or programs on TV in the UK you can recommend?

I don't believe it!

BTW Thanks for the web site LoveMyBoys unfortunately they want me to turn of my ad blocker before they let me in. I can't/won't do that.
It depends on your taste Bruce I can't recommend a lot of drama unless it is an adaptation of the classics and there are none of those at the moment . I find much of modern TV drama to be formulaic, cliched and irritating .

I enjoy things like 'The Restoration Man' and Grand Design .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 03:50 PM

Im watching Dr Thorne at the moment ,two episodes seen so far not sure how many there is , its a Period Drama .

I didn't watch War and Peace but I understand that was good .

Blue Murder ....I find good thats a Police Drama bit like Vera in that a Woman is in charge .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top