Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 12:13 AM

Re: Grandma's Remedies

Sounds like a cure-all!
Wonder when somebody will start bottling it!
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Is it safe to eat dandelion leaves and does it really work.
What time of year do dandys grow please? I think mint leaves are good for
something forgot what what it is?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 10:51 PM

Dandelions leaves grow in the spring time/early summer, Sarah Kay. Some people put them in salads I believe. (are you having trouble my dear ? )

when growing up ,we used to get potatoes brought in from Egypt, once upon a moon. It was fairly common knowledge that the tatties were fertilized with human waste !

Urine make the grass grow. Our once upon a time ,next door neighbour couldn't get upstairs all the time to piddle, so he'd nip outside and water the grass. You've never seen such lush grass in all your life.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Whenever my Dad had a cold he would eat a bowl of hot boiled onions every night before going to bed. He said they helped him sweat the cold out.
Onions are really good for thinning the blood too. Dad often used to boil up onions and gobble them down.
Nice and soft because he had no teeth by this point. (he was a lot older than mum and had been born at the turn of the century when things weren't what they are now)
Everyone had false teeth by the time they were 30 yrs old, didn't they ?

All the things he did..... cabbage soup another, although I don't know any specific reason why. Stunk to high heaven, but should there ever have been a famine, everyone would have known where to go.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Is it safe to eat dandelion leaves and does it really work.
What time of year do dandys grow please? I think mint leaves are good for
something forgot what what it is?
You wash them and use them in salads. Dandelions had the local name(s) of piss-a-bed and shit-a-bed because they are a natural diuretic and laxative.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Dandelions leaves grow in the spring time/early summer, Sarah Kay. Some people put them in salads I believe. (are you having trouble my dear ? )

when growing up ,we used to get potatoes brought in from Egypt, once upon a moon. It was fairly common knowledge that the tatties were fertilized with human waste !

Urine make the grass grow. Our once upon a time ,next door neighbour couldn't get upstairs all the time to piddle, so he'd nip outside and water the grass. You've never seen such lush grass in all your life.

I thought wee had to be diluted first? It is very concentrated - too high in Nitrogen (I think)?
I know dogs wee kills the grass for this reason, particularly bitch's wee, as they squat in one patch. Males tend to scatter it about a bit more.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top