Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 09:02 AM

Re: Do you pay gas and electric by direct debit?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You could just as easily put that money into a piggy bank so it's there for those winter periods. It's no different. You're just giving your money to others to gamble and speculate with, which is just foolish.

DD's are just pure laziness.

When people can't be @rsed to manage money properly then they thoroughly deserve to be ripped off.
I prefer to call it efficiency........ after all some of us don't waste time exploring the internet for ridiculous conspiracy theories.... mainly because we have something important to do.
Don't forget I am an ex banker who knows how to manage money and has never been ripped off!

Did you know that bankers want you to put money into savings or current accounts, and then lend it to other customers at much higher interest rates?
Surely this means that every body, with a bank account, is being ripped off?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 10:36 AM

DD's are just pure laziness.

When people can't be @rsed to manage money properly then they thoroughly deserve to be ripped off.
I have scrimped and saved all my life; for someone like you to turn around and say that someone like me "cant be @rsed " to manage my money, is just you talking out of your @rse.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have scrimped and saved all my life; for someone like you to turn around and say that someone like me "cant be @rsed " to manage my money, is just you talking out of your @rse.
Cee Cee don't let comments like that upset you, especially from somebody who knows nothing about you but seems to think he always knows best.... which he rarely does-
From what you have told us, it sounds like you deal with things in a way that suits your circumstances best. Any opinion, from somebody who hasn't been asked, just demonstrates that their opinions are rarely based on fact!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 11:12 AM

As it happens today I received my first quarterly water bill since I put it on direct debit. On the plus side they don't take the money until the due date whereas paying by Bpay you had to allow a few days for the money transfer and because it is a credit card I have until the end of the following month to pay before I incur interest (I pay my credit card off each month to avoid this).

On the down side you will see that the sods have charged me 26c (13p) for using my credit card - we have discussed this in another thread.

You will also notice that in NSW the bastards charge the service fee and sewage for the next three months in advance. Of course they can't do that for your usage charge - no incentive to save water there.

During the last drought water was 98c a kilolitre the cost has more doubled since then - paying for their useless de-salination plant

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 -1 Water Bill.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	4888  
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 11:27 AM

@Twink. I am not the least upset, certainly not by idiotic posts (from some people). It just annoys me when someone, who has absolutely no clue, thinks they know better than me when managing my affairs.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Don't forget I am an ex banker who knows how to manage money and has never been ripped off!
That's patently untrue as if you support DD, paying in advance, giving your hard-earned to someone else to look after, then you ARE being ripped off. That you fail to see that doesn't speak volumes for your banking skills TBH.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Did you know that bankers want you to put money into savings or current accounts, and then lend it to other customers at much higher interest rates?
Yes of course. Centralised banking and Fractional Reserve Banking are understood by anyone who has woken up and sought to understand the fraudulent world they are enslaved in.

It's a shocking practice, totally unethical and will, one day, be outlawed. It's been going on for centuries back and forth but its age old name is of course USURY.

The problem is that people assume, wrongly, that the money in their bank accounts actually exists somewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't. If everyone walked into the bank today to withdraw their money the banks would quickly shut and the entire system would collapse. Therein lies the problem with this corrupt fraudulent practice of lending money that does not exist and charging interest on it.

The world needs to kick the greedy bankers into touch and regain control of the money printing from the likes of the Federal Reserve. If they did, the awful national debts would quickly evaporate.

Back on point, as a banker you ought to know that you can invest your money in many different places. Personally I don't invest in crappy bank savings accounts for the measly pittance they offer. They can go take a hike. I put my money in companies, stocks and shares.

No way would I be stupid enough to give my hard-earned money to energy companies to look after so that they can make lots of nice money from my money. They should coco !

I will make my own profits from it thank you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

10-01-2018, 05:26 PM

That's patently untrue as if you support DD, paying in advance, giving your hard-earned to someone else to look after, then you ARE being ripped off. That you fail to see that doesn't speak volumes for your banking skills TBH.

Yes of course. Centralised banking and Fractional Reserve Banking are understood by anyone who has woken up and sought to understand the fraudulent world they are enslaved in.

It's a shocking practice, totally unethical and will, one day, be outlawed. It's been going on for centuries back and forth but its age old name is of course USURY.

The problem is that people assume, wrongly, that the money in their bank accounts actually exists somewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't. If everyone walked into the bank today to withdraw their money the banks would quickly shut and the entire system would collapse. Therein lies the problem with this corrupt fraudulent practice of lending money that does not exist and charging interest on it.

The world needs to kick the greedy bankers into touch and regain control of the money printing from the likes of the Federal Reserve. If they did, the awful national debts would quickly evaporate.

Back on point, as a banker you ought to know that you can invest your money in many different places. Personally I don't invest in crappy bank savings accounts for the measly pittance they offer. They can go take a hike. I put my money in companies, stocks and shares.

No way would I be stupid enough to give my hard-earned money to energy companies to look after so that they can make lots of nice money from my money. They should coco !

I will make my own profits from it thank you.
You do whatever you like Realist, but please stop trying to advise me. I get advice from people who are qualified to give it, should I ever need it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 05:34 PM

I don't have gas out in the countryside but my electricity is paid by DD.
I read my own meter so there are no 'estimates' and pay the same amount each month which allow me to build up a nice surplus to carry me through the winter when the bills are much higher.
I actually pay slightly more than the monthly recommended amount , I can apply for a refund on my surplus at any time and it is in my bank within days.

I am happy to have a surplus on which I get paid 3% interest 5% after 3 years, more than I get on my small amount savings
I also save £30 a year (£30 per fuel) by going paperless.
CeeCee
UK

10-01-2018, 05:42 PM

Well said Meg. I am exactly the same, pay a little more each month than their stipulated amount, and have in the past requested a refund of the surplus balance. Every account/bill I have is paperless.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 12:44 PM

All our bills are paid by direct debit.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top