Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:08 AM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Similarly...I'm a placid soul..
But there's this new (older) couple moved in opposite....
That's trying my patience
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:11 AM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

As for "usual parking spot" do you mean one specifically allocated to you?
Tipin, Sorry, l should have been more specific.... l meant as in, some people are ‘creatures of habit’ and always like to park in the same place!

Yes, as ruthio mentioned, it could also apply to disabled parking places too.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tipin, Sorry, l should have been more specific.... l meant as in, some people are ‘creatures of habit’ and always like to park in the same place!

I am a creature of habit and always park in my garage or my car port.

As for people turning in my driveway? Who cares? It's public property out there I don't own it my only beef is if they block the drive. Apart from anything else it is actually illegal because they are then parked within 10 metres of a junction (with a dunny lane).

I do get parents stop across my driveway while they wait to pick up their kids at the nearby school but if I need to enter or leave they always move so that is fine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:56 AM

I have a dropped kerb, so no one parks across my drive normally.

Me neighbour however, would not pay to have her kerb blocked.
She got her son to knock her front garden wall knocked down and drives over the kerb to park in her front garden, which is gravelled over.

When the nearby school run mothers arrive, they nearly always park across her front, and she can't get in or out.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:00 AM

In that case(unless it is a disabled spot)I love to wind up the awkward creatures of habit...those that think it's their space.

We had one such neighbour that always parked at the very end of double yellows....so nobody could park behind her.

She even went s far as putting cones out when she wasn't there.

One day she had a real go at a young girl who had the green P on her car...the girl was in tears.

I pointed out that she(the girl)could park where she liked as long as she had insurance, MOT and tax and it was legal to park.....boy did I get a mouthful from the neighbour

So for a week I finished work a bit earlier and parked my van in "her" spot.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am a creature of habit and always park in my garage or my car port.

As for people turning in my driveway? Who cares? It's public property out there I don't own it my only beef is if they block the drive. Apart from anything else it is actually illegal because they are then parked within 10 metres of a junction (with a dunny lane).

I do get parents stop across my driveway while they wait to pick up their kids at the nearby school but if I need to enter or leave they always move so that is fine.

That would be fine with me, but, I would be annoyed, if it was an unaccompanied Female, in a Chelsea Tractor, without a trace of Mud on the Tyres, or on the bodyshell.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:10 AM

Hi

I live at the end of a private cul de sac.

When there is a big function on at the club some arrogant gits park their cars so we cannot get out of our drives for hours.

These are usually drivers of very expensive cars.

They get very annoyed when we block our private road so they cannot get out due to a tractor breaking down and which cannot be fixed until the following day.
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Some people get very annoyed if someone parks across their driveway or in their usual parking spot.
Does it bother you? Or do you not care who parks there?
Have you, or would you put a polite note under their windscreen wipers?
i am a truck delivery driver and what annoys me is the amount of times cars are parked in designated loading areas these are cleary marked and motorist still insist parking in them. few times i have challenge the drivers as they was paring up all i was told is "i will just be 2 minutes as i am only running into the shop" once i had to park opposite a loading area on double yellow lines traffic warden came saw me parked there and said "its ok i will give the car a ticket" which he did and left me alone felt justice was served that day.

ok sorry my rant is now over
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:16 AM

What kind of people would even consider parking across your drive so you can't drive in or out? It beggars belief.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
What kind of people would even consider parking across your drive so you can't drive in or out? It beggars belief.
Ladies in 4X4s.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top