Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:30 AM

To Blog or Not To Blog?

Some sites have a Blog section.

Ive often thought that some people on here who post daily about their health and work and life issues would be well suited to Blogging.

Have you ever run a Blog?

Its a bit like keeping a diary I suppose, but one that you share.

If there was a Blog section would you use it?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Re: To Blog or Not To Blog?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Some sites have a Blog section.

Ive often thought that some people on here who post daily about their health and work and life issues would be well suited to Blogging.

If there was a Blog section would you use it?
No I have never had a blog, or want one, I have no interest in other people's blogs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:36 AM

No!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

I have a blog with a vast, enthralled audience of about three. I started it for two reasons:

Firstly so my kids knew where I was and what I was doing.

Secondly to stop my habit of keeping a travel diary something I have done just about all my life. My bookshelves are cluttered with old notebooks stuffed with receipts, brochures, boarding passes and a written record of all the places I have visited over the last 60 years.

My blog is much easier to keep, takes up a lot less room and is far more accessible:

http://www.bcl.id.au/
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:04 PM

Yes I've seen blogs or diary's on another forum in the US. I have tried to start keeping a private online journal just recently posting about my day, thoughts and also adding photos. The trouble is if no one sees it and talks to you about it what's the point. Its communication that I need, which reminds me I need to PM someone.

I think if we had one here you would need to have it for members only to read unless you decided to make it public like you can do with your profile.

It might be a little difficult though as you may not want to publish intimate thoughts., but then again that's just me talking and I've come out with at least a couple of personal posts that afterwards have embarrassed me terribly a day or so later. Sorry 😞

Also it might be awkward if I made a blog and suddenly realised no one was actually interested in my boring little life. 😁
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:14 PM

Nobody would be interested in my life

And to be honest, I'm not sure I would want to know too much about other peoples beyond what we already post on here.

You can get too much of a good thing!

I keep a written diary for posterity although that's just full of my rants and moans
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Interesting replies..but do Blogs have to attract viewers?

Does it matter one iota if no one reads it?

Isnt it something you do for yourself?

Or is a Blog simply a "ME ME ME" exercise?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Nobody would be interested in my life

And to be honest, I'm not sure I would want to know too much about other peoples beyond what we already post on here.

You can get too much of a good thing!
I agree. It is not a good idea to reveal too much about yourself on forums, as it can come back to bite you as I have known to my cost in the past.

Besides which, I find hearing about the minutiae of people's lives intensely boring, just as they would find mine yawn making.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure whether it would be very different, do you think?

As Ruthio says, a lot of people write about their daily adventures anyway, especially in the 'Chit Chat' and 'Good Morning' threads, don't they?

I think unless you do wildly exciting things every day of your life, it could be rather boring reading. If we mostly only go to Tesco, or walked the dog, or go to visit relatives, we often write that anyway.

So I guess personally, I can't see the point. In fact I am not sure whether I'd feel it a little pompous of me to presume anyone wants to know what I do every minute anyway - I might be worried I'd got a stalker if they did.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

20-02-2018, 12:22 PM

Im inclined to agree with you Tara, but see my ???s above.

And presumably the Blogs would be in a Members Only section of whatever site you were on?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top