Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 07:56 PM

Blue jeans that are torn

Do you like the blue jeans that are worn mostly by young people? The ones with the holes in them.

Do you think anyone is "too old" to wear these jeans?

I bought a pair. I am not fat, and I have good legs (long and slender).....I think they look cool on me.....but they have been in the closet for two months, I am afriad to put them on in case I get ridiculed. My son hasn't even seen them on me yet.

I also have a pair of shorts the same way and I wore them a lot last year, and it seemed ok with the shorts and a TeeShirt...but what about these jeans now......
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:00 PM

Re: Blue jeans that are torn

Go for it Blue! My daughter gave me a pair like that and I wear them all the time.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you like the blue jeans that are worn mostly by young people? The ones with the holes in them.

Do you think anyone is "too old" to wear these jeans?

I bought a pair. I am not fat, and I have good legs (long and slender).....I think they look cool on me.....but they have been in the closet for two months, I am afriad to put them on in case I get ridiculed. My son hasn't even seen them on me yet.

I also have a pair of shorts the same way and I wore them a lot last year, and it seemed ok with the shorts and a TeeShirt...but what about these jeans now......
I think jeans are ageless as long as the cut and style are not too young.
I have stressed denim ankle skimmer jeans which are fine for around the home but if I wear jeans to go out then I tend to go with slightly darker denim and "smarten" them up with a crisp shirt or a jacket and heels.
Why not wear them around the home first and see how you feel. You can gauge your family's and neighbours reaction to them first too.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:18 PM

I've got a few pair of torn jeans.
I wear them when i'm doing the garden or decorating, to think people will pay extra for old tatty jeans, amazes me.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:22 PM

I love my jeans....but not these ripped things, I think they look scruffy.

Over the years I've gone through many pairs of jeans by wearing holes in the knees and in the backside, if I knew they would one day be in fashion I'd have kept them and flogged them on ebay and bought myself some nice "normal" jeans with the proceeds
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:23 PM

I have two pairs of jeans (no holes in them though). One is a lovely flattering pair that make me look really slim (thank you bedroom mirror). I usually wear them with a white blouse and oversized jumper, the other pair is a pair that was bought for me but I didn't like them at first because they were the very light blue denim. But now I love them because they go well with my long light blue and white checked shirt which I tie in a knot at the front. To be honest, I don't go far wearing jeans, if I'm going out, I prefer to wear my cords, trousers or long skirt and boots.
My jeans are for wearing around the home., just like my kaftans, straight legged PJ bottoms and big teddy bear slippers, (Christmas Prezzie) -D
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I've got a few pair of torn jeans.
I wear them when i'm doing the garden or decorating, to think people will pay extra for old tatty jeans, amazes me.
Yes, this ^^^^^^

Seems the more rips and less material used the more expensive they are. What is the world coming to?

Bloody hell, I must be getting old
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:28 PM

No Nicol, You're just morphing into your mum, like me! It had to eventually happen.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:33 PM

I wear jeans, but don't think I'd wear ripped ones.
Having said that, it does depend on the rips to a certain extent.

I have seen some that are barely anything but rips, with only the odd bit of denim left. These are a bit OTT sometimes.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Thanks for all these interesting replies. I just tried to take a picture of them, but I had too much trouble. Maybe I will get one tomorrow.

i have other jeans that look nice....but these ones are tight leg....hole just above one knee and a tear on the other leg up near the top.

They don't seem scruffy to me, and I plan on wearing them with a white shirt I love.

Thing is that I am 75 years old. It's not the jeans, anyone who likes style would love them, but it is the age. I feel like I look like I am trying to be young....well, I guess I am, but I have always liked what the young kids wear (except for those jeans that has a crotch down at the knee, haha

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top