Join for free
Page 125 of 190 « First < 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:21 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

You certainly have knack of making a bloke feel good about himself Surfermom....
I like to think Bob's Bits is a little more sedate than the exercise thread...
And thanks for your offer of some poultry, but I think I'll give it a miss thank you....

Being as I'm not shuffling around on country roads for a while I've managed to finish my Annual Mileage Graph and couldn't wait to download it on to the forum......but I've met with a snag........Although you can see the bar graph great, you can't read any of the numbers.....I guess I'll have to think it out again.....

I've posted it anyway. Along the bottom are Years starting with 1980 and ending with 2017. The sides are calibrated in miles with the maximum at 1800 miles and the lowest is 40 miles.....

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:35 AM

Oh, Bob, you know I love giving you a bit of trouble . Besides, it's good for you.

Wow! This data is amazing! I'll give your chart the attention it deserves tomorrow. I seem to be able to read the numbers without difficulty

You should consider posting it over in the exercise forum? I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.

1800 miles in a year? That's five a day, Bob. Unreal...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the thumbs up regarding my mileage chart Surfermom, I find it helps when you're confined to quarters to visit some past expedition or do some number crunching concerning running or walking. Yes it was a good year in 1990 with nine full marathons, two fell races of 42 miles and 56 miles, two 20 mile hilly road races and a twenty six mile coast path race where I managed seventh place.....It did start to go downhill a bit after that.

Thanks for the hug.....is that for Valentines day? I'll send one back for being the voice of my conscience.....and a good friend....

It's been a week now since I was sidelined and just about all the symptoms of my cold have disappeared. An old Doctor used to say, "Your cold will take a week to go, but if you come and see me, I can have it gone in seven days".... I prefer not to put too many chemicals into my body, so the occasional Hot Lemon before bedtime seems to have done the trick. Taking something hot to bed should be courtesy of the NHS...

I hoped to rest the Piriformis for a fortnight, but I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms so I might just go and walk my three mile route later. I can still feel slight discomfort with stretching, but these things do tighten up as they heal, don't they?
Although it was freezing cold on the morning of the injury (so easy to tear muscles when cold) I was wondering if the speed work might have inflamed it earlier. I've never been a fast runner, just persistent!... Perhaps three miles flat out is a bit too far....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 01:25 AM

Bob, I hope you and Mrs. Fox had a lovely Valentine's Day! Did you end up making her pancakes with oranges?

While it was meant to ease the sting of the teasing I have lobbed your way, that hug most definitely serves double duty in appreciation for your valued friendship and encouragement! So in that spirit, here is another one for good measure.

Lest I get any more sappy, I am off to the exercise thread to talk....data .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-02-2018, 11:06 AM

As one door closes, another one opens so to speak...
I'll just collect all my hugs off the doormat, kick off my running shoes (I won't be needing them for a while) and snuggle back on the forum sofa.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-02-2018, 10:36 PM

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-02-2018, 12:11 PM

It's a fortnight today that we'll be making the cross Pennine drive to Manchester in preparation for our cruise to the Caribbean. I always think it's a wise choice to set off the day before and stay in a Premier Inn (other digs are available) the night before boarding the plane and flying to Barbados. Especially at this time of year when there is a distinct possibility that the only way over the Pennines would be by sled.....

I haven't even bought a suitcase yet, my medium sized one is usually sufficient, I mean, how much room does a couple of pairs of shorts, tee shirts, budgie smugglers and running shoes take up...? On a cruise you need to dress like James Bond on four occasions, that means at least one suite and a couple of crisp white shirts....I guess I'll have to carry my knotted hankies, Jesus Sandals and snorkel in my hand luggage.......Ship ahoy....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-03-2018, 09:09 AM

"I packed my bags last night pre flight;
Zero hour is nine AM.
And I'm gonna be Hi---g--h as a kite by then"

Well actually, zero hour is 12:05pm....and it's tomorrow....But we set off today for a leisurely drive across the Pennines and (hopefully) a comfortable night in one of the many Premier Inns dotted around the country. Too risky to drive there on the same day.....
I'd just like to shake the hand of the bloke who invented the wheels on cases....
Good job.....I might just make Barbados without the need for a wheelchair....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
"I packed my bags last night pre flight;
Zero hour is nine AM.
And I'm gonna be Hi---g--h as a kite by then"

Well actually, zero hour is 12:05pm....and it's tomorrow....But we set off today for a leisurely drive across the Pennines and (hopefully) a comfortable night in one of the many Premier Inns dotted around the country. Too risky to drive there on the same day.....
I'd just like to shake the hand of the bloke who invented the wheels on cases....
Good job.....I might just make Barbados without the need for a wheelchair....
Have a great time Bob and come back refreshed, don’t forget to take your sea legs
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-03-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Have a great time Bob and come back refreshed, don’t forget to take your sea legs
Thanks Mags......Ship Ahoy!....

Page 125 of 190 « First < 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top